Harvard Today: February 14, 2014

Harvard Today
Harvard Today

Happy Friday and Valentine’s Day! Whether you’re spending the day with a significant other, a bunch of single friends, or perhaps even your Datamatch, consider spreading some love today! Options include winking at a stranger you catch eyes with in the d-hall or leaving a cheesy post-it note for the next person to sit at your desk.

IN THE ATMOSPHERE
Yesterday’s brutal weather continues, with a high of 35 degrees and a snow shower in the morning. After yesterday’s walk to class, investing in a ski mask is starting to seem like a really good option.

IN THE D-HALLS
Lunch:
Cuban Pork Sandwich
Steamed Mussels with Tomato and Garlic Broth
Spicy Jalapeno Jack Cheese and Macaroni

Dinner:
Chicken with Coconut Curry Sauce
Alu Chole
Palak Paneer

IN THE NEWS
1) History Department Adds Latin American Scholars: “While the overall size Faculty of Arts and Sciences has remained flat, the History Department has increased the number of professors specializing in Latin American history in the last two years.”

2) Harvard and Cambridge Strike Balance in Clearing of the Snow: “With about 34 inches of snow so far this year, including about four inches that fell on Thursday, both Cambridge and Harvard have had their hands, and shovels, full, keeping the streets and sidewalks of Harvard Square clear.”

3) Women’s Basketball Looks to Remain Atop Ivy League: Harvard Women’s Basketball looks to defend its position on top of the Ivy League as it goes against Columbia and Cornell this weekend.

EVENTS: WEEKEND PREVIEW

Put on some Crimson spirit for a lot of home games today! Men’s Squash is playing their CSA Team Championship game against UPenn at 11:30 a.m. Both Men’s and Women’s Basketball are playing Columbia at 7 p.m.,with Women’s Basketball also going against Cornell at 6 p.m. tomorrow. Women’s Ice Hockey takes on Clarkson at 7 p.m and St. Lawrence at 4 p.m. tomorrow. Women’s Tennis will go against on Boston College at 2:30 p.m. tomorrow.

The OCS is hosting a Pre-Health Fair at 54 Dunster Street from 4 to 5 p.m. for pre-med and pre-health students wishing to seek academic advising and research opportunities.

HUDS is having a World Street Food Festive Brunch on Sunday in the d-halls, featuring foods such as pho, chicken gyro, and taquitos. Sunday brunch just got so much better.

PHOTO OF THE DAY

A snow removal truck trudges through Dunster Street cleaning up the slushy pathway. Snow Storm Pax passed over the Northeast, with some areas gaining more than 12 inches of snow.

Student LifeFlyby BlogFlyby CampusHarvard Today

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.