Harvard Today: April 7, 2014

By Jennifer Y Yao

Good morning, Harvard.

UPDATED: Apr. 7, 2014 at 11:13 a.m.

Our thoughts today are with Andrew Sun, ‘16, a Pforzheimer House resident who fell from a building early Sunday morning and died from his injuries early this morning.

Be sure to take care of yourself and those around you at this time (and always). Don’t hesitate to reach out if you need someone to talk to. Here are some places to start.

1) Harvard University Health Services: 617-495-5711.
2) Room 13 Peer Counseling: Thayer Hall Basement B-09, 7 p.m. to 7 a.m., 617-495-4969
3) Bureau of Study Counsel-Counseling Services: 617-495-2581

IN THE ATMOSPHERE 
Today’s temperature is forecasted to hit 60 degrees. Hopefully that will start you off with a little spring in your step—literally. Although the skies will be cloudy, there will be a 0% chance of rain, so be adventurous and leave the umbrella at home.

IN THE D-HALLS
Lunch
Chicken Fingers
Farfale with Italian Sausage and Kale
Tofu Parmesan Sub

Dinner
Chicken Marsala
Broccoli & Cheese Fritatta
Rotini with Peas and Mushrooms

ON FLYBY
1) Hollywood at Harvard II: Class of 2017 Facebook Celebrities: Step aside, Fifteen Hottest (and coldest). Here’s an interview with four of the most recognizable people in the freshman class.
2) Drinking Game of Thrones: If you have yet to watch last night’s season premiere (or are planning on rewatching), this game might make the experience a bit more interesting (if that’s even possible).
3) Thirsty Thursday in Lamont: “Thursday night. A desperate time in Lamont Cafe”. You know you want to read more.

IN THE NEWS
4) Former Manchester United Coach Hired by HBS: “Sir Alex C. Ferguson will bring his 26 years of coaching and managing experience at Manchester United Football Club to the Harvard Business School this spring as a teacher for its Executive Education program, the school announced Thursday.”
5) Identities Fashion Show Celebrates Diversity: Seventy-two student models showcased high fashion and diverse identities during the show Saturday night.

EVENTS
The Institute of Politics is holding a panel discussion on Israel, Iran, and the Arab Revolution, featuring former director of the CIA, David Petraeus, and Meir Hagan, former director of the Israeli equivalent, the Mossad. This is an incredible opportunity to hear from some very important people! Taking place at 6 p.m. in the John F. Kennedy Jr. Forum.

President Faust will be hosting several prominent female leaders in Sanders Theatre at 4 p.m. for a panel discussion on women in leadership. Panelists include Jill Abramson, '76, Executive Editor of the New York Times; Edith Cooper, '83, Executive Vice President at Goldman Sachs; and Janet Napolitano, former Secretary of Homeland Security. The panel will be moderated by Karen Gordon Mills ‘75, former Administrator of the U.S. Small Business Administration.

PHOTO OF THE DAY
Cambridge Public Middle School students showcase their dance skills in the 30th anniversary CityStep performance, CityStep Time Machine, in Sanders Theatre on Saturday.

Flyby CampusHarvard Today

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.