Crimson staff writer

Jennifer Y Yao

Latest Content

Readings in the Parlor
On Campus

Readings in the Parlor

Professor Derek Miller plays a selection from “The Sound of Music” from his laptop and speaks about the relationship between lyrics and melody on Monday afternoon as part of the “Readings in the Parlor” series presented by the Department of English in the Barker Center.

Readings in the Parlor
On Campus

Readings in the Parlor

Professor Derek Miller speaks about the semiotics of the song, "Do-Re-Mi" from the musical "The Sound of Music" on Monday afternoon as part of the “Readings in the Parlor” series presented by the Department of English in the Barker Center.

Readings in the Parlor
Today in Photos

Photos of the Day (03/23/2015)

Recap: Ghungroo 2015
College

Recap: Ghungroo 2015

Delivering Letters
Housing Day

Delivering Letters

Students in Winthrop House exit Wigglesworth after delivering letters to freshmen on Thursday morning during the dorm storm portion of Housing Day.

Posing for a Photo
Housing Day

Posing for a Photo

Students pose for a photo with the Lowell House Masters. Upperclassmen stormed Harvard Yard on Thursday morning to start off Housing Day festivities.

Housing Day 2015
Housing Day

Housing Day 2015

Students in Adams House sprint down Plympton Street to Harvard Yard to begin Housing Day festivities on Thursday morning.

Eliot House Spirit
Housing Day

Eliot House Spirit

Students in Eliot House chant house cheers on the steps of University Hall. Upperclassmen stormed Harvard Yard on Thursday morning to start off Housing Day festivities.

Eliot House Spirit
Housing Day

Eliot House Spirit

Eliot House Spirit
Housing Day

Eliot House Spirit

Housing Day Dancing Queens
Housing Day

Housing Day Dancing Queens

Students in Cabot House dance to "Dancing Queen" by Abba in front of the John Harvard statue. Upperclassmen stormed Harvard Yard on Thursday morning to start off Housing Day festivities.

Housing Day 2015
Housing Day

Housing Day 2015

After a student in Leverett placed the head of a bunny, the Leverett House mascot, on the John Harvard statue, another student climbed to toss it in the air during Housing Day on Thursday. Upperclassmen stormed Harvard Yard on Thursday morning to deliver letters to freshmen notifying them of their house placement.

Housing Day 2015
Housing Day

Housing Day 2015

Students dressed in blue leotards find a prime location near the John Harvard to cheer. Upperclassmen stormed Harvard Yard on Thursday morning to start off Housing Day festivities.

Dean Khurana's Cabot Pride
Housing Day

Dean Khurana's Cabot Pride

Dean of the College Rakesh Khurana, who also serves as co-master of Cabot House, sits on the shoulders of two Cabot House students. Upperclassmen stormed Harvard Yard on Thursday morning to start off Housing Day festivities.

Dean Khurana's Cabot Pride
College

Housing Day 2015

Big States, Little States
College

Beyond Boston: Regional Diversity at Harvard

Central Administration

In Op-Ed, Law Profs Call for University Governance Changes

Jeffrey K. McDonough Artwork
Scrutiny

Not a 9-to-5 Job

Advising Programs Office Under Construction
College

Freshman Advising: Under Construction