Harvard Today: December 7, 2015

•
The Harvard Undergraduate Drummers play “Buckets” during their performance “THUD News Network” on Sunday evening.
The Harvard Undergraduate Drummers play “Buckets” during their performance “THUD News Network” on Sunday evening. By Saul A. Urbina-Johanson

Happy reading period, Harvard. Take some time to recharge and treat yourself today.

IN THE DHALLS

Lunch:

Chicken Parmesan Sub

French Dip Sandwich

Spicy Jalapeño Jack Cheese and Macaroni

Curly fries!

Dinner:

Chicken Piccatta

Crispy Flounder with Daikon Sauce

Quinoa and Vegetable Jambalaya

IN THE ATMOSPHERE

Today is going to be 55º with light wind, not that the weather particularly matters when we’re all going to spend the whole day in the library, anyway.

ON FLYBY

Five Weird Facebook Events For a Harvard Student
We've all seen those weird Facebook events going around.

IN THE NEWS

After Lengthy Debate, UC Votes To Fund Ventfull
In the Undergraduate Council’s last meeting this semester, representatives narrowly voted to continue funding the calendar application Ventfull, with many calling the initiative—which the council's outgoing leaders have touted as an accomplishment—a failed program.

Humanist Hub Celebrates Humanist Community Day
An award-winning author who is also a former NBA star and local community members gathered to discuss the importance of humanism at the third annual Humanist Community Day at the Humanist Hub on Sunday.

Two Harvard Seniors Selected for Marshall Scholarship
Bianca Mulaney ’16 and Rebecca M. Panovka ’16, friends and fellow Quincy House residents, have been named Harvard’s two newest Marshall scholars to their shared surprise and disbelief.

EVENTS

Winter Clothing Drive In Memory of Luke Tang — Drop off winter clothes in the collection bins in any of the house dining halls.

CS50 Fair — Stop by Northwest Labs between 11:30 and 4:30 to see CS50 final projects!

Global Poverty — Come to Sever 113 at 4pm to hear Larry Temkin talk about why we should be concerned with global poverty.

Flyby BlogHarvard Today

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.