Valentine’s Day Events Around Campus

By Gregory B. Johnston

Valentine’s Day is rapidly approaching, and along with it comes the annual stress of figuring out how you’ll spend it. Whether you’re looking for a romantic date or just a platonic night with pals, there are plenty of student organizations on campus who are here to help. For a Valentine’s Day adventure without venturing *too* far from campus (and without breaking the bank), these are the perfect events for you!

Valentine’s HeARTS & Crafts

Still running behind on that perfect Valentine’s Day gift for someone special? The Harvard Studio Art Society has you covered! Come by Ticknor Lounge on February 13th from 8-10 p.m. to get those creative juices flowing while also enjoying drinks and desserts.

Valentine’s Day Salsa

Valentine’s Day is a great chance to try something new with a friend or a date, and this beginner-friendly salsa class is the perfect opportunity to pick up some new dance moves! The Harvard Ballroom Dance Team will be hosting salsa classes in the Mount Auburn Room of the Smith Campus Center from 8-9 p.m. on both February 13th and 14th (perfect for Galentine’s OR Valentine’s Day!). Pricing is $5 for undergrads, and no experience or partner is necessary.

Sweeney Todd Screening

Does watching Johnny Depp as a “Demon Barber” sound like your idea of the perfect romantic movie night? If you answered yes, check out the Lowell House Opera’s screening of Sweeney Todd on February 14th at 6 p.m. in the Lowell Screening Room. There will be plenty of snacks and it’s a great chance to build some excitement for their upcoming spring show!

Let’s HURC Up

The Harvard Undergraduate Robotics Club is hosting their first social of the semester, and it’s sure to be a lot of (romantic) fun! Come by Adams Senior Common Room on February 15th from 9 p.m.-12 a.m. for Thai food, boba, and Valentine’s Day-themed treats. Be sure to find a significant other, friend, or a random person off the street to enter the couples game show at 10 p.m.!

Valentine’s Day doesn’t have to mean a fancy dinner for two or a night spent crying into a box of chocolates while watching Netflix. Check out all that our campus has to offer, and get ready for the best Valentine’s Day yet!

Flyby BlogFlyby CampusFlyby Front FeatureAround Campus

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.