Writer

Joanna Naples-mitchell

Latest Content

When Justice and Power Converge

Muhajiriya, Sudan, the site of massacres in 2007, is in flames once again. In this South Darfur town, more than

Summer Postcards 2008

An Inescapable History

NEW YORK — The recent parade of current and former Bush administration officials through Congress has offered each ignoble public

A Matter of Conscience

The seeming intractability of a crime like genocide may prompt naysayers to question the efficacy of activism. In this paper,

The Politics of Fear

The news that the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) destroyed two videotapes in 2005 has caused more furor than the suspected

Cowardice on Display

CORRECTION APPENDED United States Senators Dianne Feinstein and Charles Schumer ’68 would have you believe that Attorney General nominee Michael

Cracking Down on Drinking

The College’s recent crackdown on alcohol is causing a ruckus across campus. Since May, the administration has been meeting with

A Mockery of Justice

Sudanese Government Minister Ahmad Mohammed Harun is not your typical minister of humanitarian affairs. Charged with 42 counts of crimes

Unnamed photo

Law School Students Protest Abortion Decision

Last week’s Supreme Court decision that upheld the Congressional ban on “partial-birth abortion” was the focus of an unconventional protest

Power Couples: Both Dreams Matter

The challenge of balancing family life and successful careers in a “24/7” world drew both students and parents to the

Central Administration

In Op-Ed, Law Profs Call for University Governance Changes

Jeffrey K. McDonough Artwork
Scrutiny

Not a 9-to-5 Job

Advising Programs Office Under Construction
College

Freshman Advising: Under Construction

Van Gogh's "Self-Portrait Dedicated to Paul Gauguin"
Visual Arts

Portrait of the Artist: Behind Van Gogh's 'Self-Portrait Dedicated to Paul Gauguin'