Writer

Anonymous

Latest Content

Rory Terrier
Pets

Rory Terrier

Paper the Hamster
Pets

Paper the Hamster

Laddy the Leopard Gecko
Pets

Laddy the Leopard Gecko

Beatrice the Hedgehog
Pets

Beatrice the Hedgehog

Dillan field mouse
Pets

Dillan field mouse

Dillan

Paper the hamster
Flyby Campus

Paper the hamster

Laddy the Leopard Gekko
Flyby Campus

Laddy the Leopard Gekko

Beatrice the Hedgehog
Flyby Campus

Beatrice the Hedgehog

Dillan the Field Mouse
Flyby Campus

Dillan the Field Mouse

Op-Eds

When Harvard Helped Me

Every sexual assault is different. Every victim’s story is unique. In my case, nearly 14 years ago, Harvard stepped up.

Op-Eds

Dear Harvard: You Win

I’m writing this piece as I’m sitting in my own dining hall, only a few tables away from the guy who pressured me into sexual activity in his bedroom, one night last spring.

Op-Eds

Letters to the Editor

The buffer zone itself is a compromise—it is unnecessary and illogical to further compromise the safety of those seeking abortions by shrinking the buffer zone size to eight feet.

Admissions Blog

The College Campaign of 2010: Decisions Time

As I waited to hear back from schools, I developed elaborate college preference rankings in my mind. “Brown’s okay,” I said to myself, “but is it really, truly my first choice? Maybe I’d be better off at Yale.” So it went, my mind spinning elaborate illusions in which I had to choose between all six of my reach schools. How would I ever pick?

Recruiting, Suits, Ties
Admissions Blog

The College Campaign of 2010: Interviews

Almost immediately after I submitted my early decision application to Brown, I got my interview notification. I’d be meeting up with a recent graduate, now a PhD student in ethnomusicology, at a local coffee shop. “How Brown!” I thought to myself as I prepared my go-to interview outfit: black slacks, leather boots, and a patterned cardigan over a white t-shirt. For good luck, I’d wear a necklace my friend got me in China. Though I knew it was only a tiny component of my application package, I tried to have a successful interview, though I was pretty nervous. Was I supposed to order coffee? I wasn’t a big fan of coffee! But if I didn’t order coffee, what would I do with my hands? Getting a muffin would be childish. In the end I settled on getting black coffee—ultra-sophisticated!—and drinking it with feigned enthusiasm.

Admissions Blog

The College Campaign of 2010: Uncommon App

I first attempted the Common Application essay one August evening at the end of the summer. I was staying with my father at a family friend’s house for the night. I reclined in an unfamiliar chair and tried to think about what I wanted to say to the world (or, barring that, the Brown admissions committee).

Free Time
Columns

In Search of Lost Time

Photo Man
Ivy League

Beyond The Silver Screen

Larry, In His Element
Scrutiny

Professor Summers

Data Sculpture
Visual Arts

Painting by the Numbers: Data Visualization