Crimson staff writer

Ariel Smolik-Valles

Latest Content

Softball

Softball Takes Three of Four From Yale

In its last home stand of the season, the Harvard softball team came out with a strong showing against Yale, going 3-1 on the weekend to climb above the .500 mark overall.

Terrier Grooming
Softball

Softball Struggles for Hits Against BU

The Crimson came out "flat" in a 6-2 loss to the Terriers on Tuesday afternoon.

Crowell has served as both associate and interim head coach at Harvard.
Women's Ice Hockey

Women's Hockey's Crowell Takes Head Coaching Position at Minnesota Duluth

After serving as both associate head coach and interim head coach of the women's ice hockey team, Maura Crowell is leaving Harvard to take a head coaching position at the University of Minnesota Duluth.

Softball

With High Expectations, Softball Turns to Pitchers For Success

In the sport of softball, only one thing is guaranteed every play: the pitcher will throw the ball. Every subsequent event that unfolds on the field depends on the pitcher’s actions, and for that reason, the control lies in her hands.

Softball

Softball Opens Ivy Season with Columbia, Penn

A bit of bad weather was not enough to get in the way of the start of the Ivy League softball season for the Harvard softball team. After Saturday’s games were moved to Sunday due to unplayable conditions, the team wrapped up its first conference weekend 1-3, travelling to Columbia and Penn.

Road to the Championship
Previews

Women's Hockey To Open NCAA Playoffs at Home Against Quinnipiac

Following a 7-3 win over Cornell in the ECAC Championship game Sunday, the Crimson clinched the No. 3 seed and home ice advantage for the first round of the NCAA Tournament.

Champions
Women's Ice Hockey

Party in Potsdam: Women's Hockey Rides Third-Period Rally to ECAC Title

Behind six third-period goals, the No. 4/4 Crimson punched its ticket to the NCAA tournament on Sunday with a 7-3 win over Cornell in the ECAC Championship Game.

D'Oench Delivers
Women's Ice Hockey

Women's Hockey Advances to ECAC Championship Game

With a 2-1 overtime victory over No. 6/6 Quinnipiac, the Harvard women's ice hockey team advanced to Sunday's ECAC final against Cornell.

Rivalry on Ice Renewed
Previews

Women's Ice Hockey Takes on Yale in First Round of Playoffs

Facing off against Yale in a best-of-three playoff series, the No. 4/4 Crimson looks to build off a successful regular season and move further into the postseason.

Softball

Softball Finishes 2-3 at Season-Opening Tourney

The Harvard softball team opened its 2015 season this weekend in Madeira Beach, Fla., with a slate of five games over the course of three days. The Crimson went 2-3 at the EMU Madeira Beach Spring Invitational.

Cry Like An Eagle
Women's Ice Hockey

Queens of Boston: Women's Ice Hockey Downs BC For First Beanpot Title Since 2010

The championship of the 37th annual Women’s Beanpot was a battle of top-ranked teams. Boston College, which entered the game atop Hockey East and the NCAA national rankings, travelled across town to take on ECAC-leading Harvard to see which Beantown team deserved the city crown.

Harvey For Harvard
Women's Ice Hockey

Women's Hockey Advances to Beanpot Final After Defeating BU

After failing to score against Princeton the last time the team took the ice, the Crimson came out with a strong offensive front against the Terriers, never trailing in the game en route to a 9-2 win.

DANIELS
Women's Ice Hockey

Women's Hockey Soars Past No. 5 Quinnipiac, Falls to Princeton

In a pivotal weekend for the ECAC standings, the No. 4/4 Harvard women’s ice hockey team split its decisions against No. 5/5 Quinnipiac and Princeton, keeping the team second in the conference with six regular season games left on the schedule.

Laing
Women's Ice Hockey

Women's Hockey Splits Crosstown Pair

The Harvard women’s ice hockey team ended a week of crosstown rivalry matchups by going 1-1 this weekend on the road at Northeastern and Boston College. The team finished the series with a win, loss, and tie, leaving room for improvement as conference competition heats up.

HOCK IT UP
Women's Ice Hockey

Women's Hockey Begins Season With Two Wins

The Harvard women’s hockey team opened up its season at home with two wins in the newly renovated Bright-Landry Hockey Center.

Massachusetts Hall
FAS

Graduate Students Start Movement To Unionize

Central Administration

Amidst Title IX Debate, Law Faculty Raise Governance Concerns

John Stilgoe Office
College

John Stilgoe’s Secret History

Big States, Little States
College

Beyond Boston: Regional Diversity at Harvard