Crimson staff writer

Ariel Smolik-Valles

Latest Content

Women's Rugby

Rugby Routs Cornell, 91-0

Since its only loss of the season on Oct. 1, the Harvard women’s rugby team has scored 149 points. As a comparison, its opponents in those same two games have mustered up five points against the Crimson defense.

Women's Rugby

BRIEF: Women's Rugby Puts Away Princeton Early

After falling to Dartmouth last weekend, the Crimson offense dominated the Tigers.

Women's Rugby

Women's Rugby Drops Game at Dartmouth

After going 3-0 in its first three games, the Harvard women's rugby team stumbled against Ivy League foe Dartmouth.

Women's Rugby

Women's Rugby Dominates University of New England

For the second game in a row, the Crimson offense stole the show in a road game.

Women's Swimming

Women's Swimming and Diving Competes at US Olympic Trials

Though its season ended in mid-March, seven members of the Harvard women’s swimming and diving team continued their competitive training and qualified for the U.S. Olympic Trials.

Dershwitz the Champion

Eli Dershwitz

All seems to be going according to plan for Eli Dershwitz. The Sherborn, Mass. native came into his freshman year at Harvard in 2014 already knowing he would take the next season off to compete for a spot on the USA Olympic fencing team.

Olivia Coffey '11
Women's Crew

Olivia Coffey '11

Claiming a seat on the varsity eight boat her freshman year at Harvard, Coffey took the reigns of her athletic career and never looked back.

Men's Crew

Brendan Hodge '07

Returning to rowing after an eight-year hiatus in international competition, Hodge will be rowing in the coxless lightweight four boat for Team Canada in the Rio Olympics.

Cheta Emba '15
Women's Rugby

Cheta Emba '15

The first ever opportunity for women’s rugby to be represented on the Olympic stage will include a Harvard graduate.

Shelley Pearson '13
Women's Crew

Shelley Pearson '13

Hailing from Pembroke, Bermuda, Pearson will represent her home country in Rio, rowing in a women’s single scull during the Olympics.

Club Sports

Men's Club Ultimate Frisbee Falls to Minnesota in National Championship Game

This past weekend the Harvard Red Line made it farther in the postseason than any team in program history.

Sports Blog

Men's Club Ultimate Frisbee Advances to National Championship

For the first time in program history, the Harvard Red Line has advanced to the championship game of the USA Ultimate College Championships.

A Stone's Throw from Greatness
Women's Ice Hockey

Sturdy as Stone: Coach Katey Stone's Impact on Women's Hockey

The most prolific head coach in collegiate women's hockey, Harvard coach Katey Stone has greatly influenced and built both the Crimson program and the sport in general in her 21 years in Cambridge.

Track and Cross Country

Franklin, Kouba Headline Women's Track's Qualifying Quartet for 2016 Olympic Trials

Seniors Paige Kouba and Autumne Franklin, sophomore Courtney Smith, and freshman Gabby Thomas all came away from the weekend with times that put them in the running for a bid to represent the United States this August in Rio de Janeiro.

No Match for Maschmeyer
Women's Ice Hockey

Women's Ice Hockey Skates into Playoff Hockey with Colgate Matchup

The postseason has become familiar territory for the Crimson, as the team has reached the ECAC semifinal in every year since the turn of the millennium.