Crimson staff writer

Ariel Smolik-Valles

Latest Content

Road to the Championship
Previews

Women's Hockey To Open NCAA Playoffs at Home Against Quinnipiac

Following a 7-3 win over Cornell in the ECAC Championship game Sunday, the Crimson clinched the No. 3 seed and home ice advantage for the first round of the NCAA Tournament.

Champions
Women's Ice Hockey

Party in Potsdam: Women's Hockey Rides Third-Period Rally to ECAC Title

Behind six third-period goals, the No. 4/4 Crimson punched its ticket to the NCAA tournament on Sunday with a 7-3 win over Cornell in the ECAC Championship Game.

D'Oench Delivers
Women's Ice Hockey

Women's Hockey Advances to ECAC Championship Game

With a 2-1 overtime victory over No. 6/6 Quinnipiac, the Harvard women's ice hockey team advanced to Sunday's ECAC final against Cornell.

Rivalry on Ice Renewed
Previews

Women's Ice Hockey Takes on Yale in First Round of Playoffs

Facing off against Yale in a best-of-three playoff series, the No. 4/4 Crimson looks to build off a successful regular season and move further into the postseason.

Softball

Softball Finishes 2-3 at Season-Opening Tourney

The Harvard softball team opened its 2015 season this weekend in Madeira Beach, Fla., with a slate of five games over the course of three days. The Crimson went 2-3 at the EMU Madeira Beach Spring Invitational.

Cry Like An Eagle
Women's Ice Hockey

Queens of Boston: Women's Ice Hockey Downs BC For First Beanpot Title Since 2010

The championship of the 37th annual Women’s Beanpot was a battle of top-ranked teams. Boston College, which entered the game atop Hockey East and the NCAA national rankings, travelled across town to take on ECAC-leading Harvard to see which Beantown team deserved the city crown.

Harvey For Harvard
Women's Ice Hockey

Women's Hockey Advances to Beanpot Final After Defeating BU

After failing to score against Princeton the last time the team took the ice, the Crimson came out with a strong offensive front against the Terriers, never trailing in the game en route to a 9-2 win.

DANIELS
Women's Ice Hockey

Women's Hockey Soars Past No. 5 Quinnipiac, Falls to Princeton

In a pivotal weekend for the ECAC standings, the No. 4/4 Harvard women’s ice hockey team split its decisions against No. 5/5 Quinnipiac and Princeton, keeping the team second in the conference with six regular season games left on the schedule.

Laing
Women's Ice Hockey

Women's Hockey Splits Crosstown Pair

The Harvard women’s ice hockey team ended a week of crosstown rivalry matchups by going 1-1 this weekend on the road at Northeastern and Boston College. The team finished the series with a win, loss, and tie, leaving room for improvement as conference competition heats up.

HOCK IT UP
Women's Ice Hockey

Women's Hockey Begins Season With Two Wins

The Harvard women’s hockey team opened up its season at home with two wins in the newly renovated Bright-Landry Hockey Center.

Olympians
Women's Ice Hockey

Back at Bright: Olympians Return to Home Ice

After competing in Sochi at the Winter Olympics, Harvard women’s ice hockey coach Katey Stone, senior Lyndsey Fry, and junior Michelle Picard will return to Bright for the 2014-2015 season.

Stanton
Football

Stanton Looks to Continue Strong Play

For running back Paul Stanton, the arrival of junior year brings many possibilities to build upon his breakout sophomore season for Harvard.

Women's Lacrosse

Women's Lacrosse Season Recap

Coming off of a 2013 season that saw the team win just three games, the Harvard women’s lacrosse team improved its record greatly in 2014, going 9-7 and gaining a berth in the Ivy League Tournament for the first time in two years.

Women's Water Polo

Women's Water Polo Season Recap

Despite a strong start to the 2014 season, the Harvard women’s water polo team could not continue its winning ways towards the end of the campaign, finishing 15-20 overall and 2-3 in the Collegiate Water Polo Association Southern Division.

OH ROMEO
Women's Lacrosse

Women's Lacrosse Falls in Double-OT in Ivy Tournament

With 3.5 seconds remaining in regulation and down one goal to Penn, the Harvard women’s lacrosse team seemed to be nearing the end of its season.

Big States, Little States
College

Beyond Boston: Regional Diversity at Harvard

Central Administration

In Op-Ed, Law Profs Call for University Governance Changes

Jeffrey K. McDonough Artwork
Scrutiny

Not a 9-to-5 Job

Advising Programs Office Under Construction
College

Freshman Advising: Under Construction