Crimson staff writer

Ariel Smolik-Valles

Latest Content

Women's Ice Hockey

BRIEF: Women's Ice Hockey Extends Winless Streak to 10 Games After Weekend Roadtrip

Dropping Friday night contest and tying Saturday afternoon dropped the Crimson even farther down the ECAC ladder.

Women's Ice Hockey

Women's Ice Hockey Drops Double Header at Home

Facing off against Minnesota-Duluth on Friday and Saturday, the Crimson could not muster up enough offense to with either game.

Ice Ice Baby
Previews

After Departure of Core Senior Class, Women's Ice Hockey Looks for New Identity

​The Harvard women’s hockey team doesn’t believe in rebuilding years. After graduating five seniors last year and recruiting six new freshmen to the ice in Cambridge, the team is prepared to prove wrong those who view the 2016-2017 season as one solely for growth.

Sports Briefs

BRIEF: Women's Ice Hockey Comes Up Short in Both Weekend Games

The Crimson was held scoreless in the two games it played on the road this weekend.

Women's Rugby

Rugby Routs Cornell, 91-0

Since its only loss of the season on Oct. 1, the Harvard women’s rugby team has scored 149 points. As a comparison, its opponents in those same two games have mustered up five points against the Crimson defense.

Women's Rugby

BRIEF: Women's Rugby Puts Away Princeton Early

After falling to Dartmouth last weekend, the Crimson offense dominated the Tigers.

Women's Rugby

Women's Rugby Drops Game at Dartmouth

After going 3-0 in its first three games, the Harvard women's rugby team stumbled against Ivy League foe Dartmouth.

Women's Rugby

Women's Rugby Dominates University of New England

For the second game in a row, the Crimson offense stole the show in a road game.

FOR THE WIN
Women's Swimming

Women's Swimming and Diving Competes at US Olympic Trials

Though its season ended in mid-March, seven members of the Harvard women’s swimming and diving team continued their competitive training and qualified for the U.S. Olympic Trials.

Dershwitz the Champion
Fencing

Eli Dershwitz

All seems to be going according to plan for Eli Dershwitz. The Sherborn, Mass. native came into his freshman year at Harvard in 2014 already knowing he would take the next season off to compete for a spot on the USA Olympic fencing team.

Olivia Coffey '11
Women's Crew

Olivia Coffey '11

Claiming a seat on the varsity eight boat her freshman year at Harvard, Coffey took the reigns of her athletic career and never looked back.

Men's Crew

Brendan Hodge '07

Returning to rowing after an eight-year hiatus in international competition, Hodge will be rowing in the coxless lightweight four boat for Team Canada in the Rio Olympics.

Cheta Emba '15
Women's Rugby

Cheta Emba '15

The first ever opportunity for women’s rugby to be represented on the Olympic stage will include a Harvard graduate.

Shelley Pearson '13
Women's Crew

Shelley Pearson '13

Hailing from Pembroke, Bermuda, Pearson will represent her home country in Rio, rowing in a women’s single scull during the Olympics.

Club Sports

Men's Club Ultimate Frisbee Falls to Minnesota in National Championship Game

This past weekend the Harvard Red Line made it farther in the postseason than any team in program history.