Crimson staff writer

Ariel Smolik-Valles

Latest Content

Laing
Women's Ice Hockey

Women's Hockey Splits Crosstown Pair

The Harvard women’s ice hockey team ended a week of crosstown rivalry matchups by going 1-1 this weekend on the road at Northeastern and Boston College. The team finished the series with a win, loss, and tie, leaving room for improvement as conference competition heats up.

HOCK IT UP
Women's Ice Hockey

Women's Hockey Begins Season With Two Wins

The Harvard women’s hockey team opened up its season at home with two wins in the newly renovated Bright-Landry Hockey Center.

Olympians
Women's Ice Hockey

Back at Bright: Olympians Return to Home Ice

After competing in Sochi at the Winter Olympics, Harvard women’s ice hockey coach Katey Stone, senior Lyndsey Fry, and junior Michelle Picard will return to Bright for the 2014-2015 season.

Stanton
Football

Stanton Looks to Continue Strong Play

For running back Paul Stanton, the arrival of junior year brings many possibilities to build upon his breakout sophomore season for Harvard.

Women's Lacrosse

Women's Lacrosse Season Recap

Coming off of a 2013 season that saw the team win just three games, the Harvard women’s lacrosse team improved its record greatly in 2014, going 9-7 and gaining a berth in the Ivy League Tournament for the first time in two years.

Women's Water Polo

Women's Water Polo Season Recap

Despite a strong start to the 2014 season, the Harvard women’s water polo team could not continue its winning ways towards the end of the campaign, finishing 15-20 overall and 2-3 in the Collegiate Water Polo Association Southern Division.

OH ROMEO
Women's Lacrosse

Women's Lacrosse Falls in Double-OT in Ivy Tournament

With 3.5 seconds remaining in regulation and down one goal to Penn, the Harvard women’s lacrosse team seemed to be nearing the end of its season.

Women's Water Polo

Women's Water Polo Closes Season at CWPA Championship

The Harvard women’s water polo team saw its season come to an end this weekend at the CWPA Championship. The team entered the tournament as the seventh seed and came in seventh place overall.

Lin for the Win
Women's Golf

Women's Golf Wins Brown Invitational

The elements were not ideal for golf this weekend in Providence, R.I. But the weather did not deter the Harvard women’s golf team, as the Crimson won the Brown BEAR Invitational with an overall score of 628, 20 shots ahead of second-place Boston University.

Women's Water Polo

Women's Water Polo Waits After Dropping Two at CWPA Sothern Championships

On Saturday at Blodgett Pool, the Crimson (14-18, 3-3 CWPA South) won its first round game against George Washington, 12-3, before falling to No. 9 Princeton, 14-3, in the division semifinal. On Sunday, Bucknell beat Harvard, 9-6, in the third-place consolation match.

Women's Lacrosse

Women's Lacrosse Dominates Holy Cross in One-Sided Matchup

The Crimson (7-4, 3-1 Ivy) took a break from conference play with a mid-week match up against the Crusaders (5-10, 3-3 Patriot League) in Worcester. The first half was when Harvard solidified its offense, scoring 10 goals in the opening 30 minutes of play, while holding Holy Cross to only one scoring drive.

Women's Water Polo

On the Road, Women's Water Polo Takes One of Three

Wrapping up its regular season at Bucknell, the Harvard women’s water polo team dropped two contests to Brown and the Bison before defeating Mercyhurst.

Women's Lacrosse

Women's Lacrosse Bounces Back With 12-8 Victory

Lacrosse came up with a 12-8 victory over Vanderbilt (4-7, 1-1 ALC) at home. With the win, the Crimson (5-4, 2-1 Ivy) moved above .500 on the season.

Women's Water Polo

Women's Water Polo Fights Off George Washington

In the opening game of its conference season and its first match played on the East Coast since spring break, the Harvard women’s water polo team was able to fight to a victory against George Washington.

Women's Lacrosse

Lacrosse Falls, 13-9, to Boston College

The Crimson (4-4, 2-1 Ivy) fell back to .500 on the season with its 13-9 loss to the Terriers (8-2, 1-2 ACC) Wednesday night at Soldiers Field.

Eldo Kim
Crime

News Analysis: Could Eldo Kim Return to Harvard?

Protestors on Mass Ave
Race

Seen and Heard: Harvard's March Through Cambridge

OKWELOGU
Track and Cross Country

Decorated Thrower Looks To Continue Success

Protest
Columns

Reconstruction 3.0