Contributor

Matthew W DeShaw

Latest Content

Naomi Klein
Books

Naomi Klein

Naomi Klein, an award-winning journalist and author, explores the complicated relationship between capitalism and climate change at a talk in First Parish Church Wednesday evening.

Free Massages
Photos of the Day

Photos of the Day 04.20.2017

Klein’s Venue
On Campus

Klein’s Venue

Pictured is First Parish Church, the venue of Naomi Klein’s speech this Wednesday afternoon.

The Big McColl Up
Baseball

The Big McColl Up

Sophomore first baseman Patrick McColl readies for a pitch in earlier action against Brown.

Fallon For You
Baseball

Fallon For You

Junior John Fallon, pictured in action last year against Brown, and the rest of the Crimson will take on Yale this weekend in an important Ivy League matchup.

Georgios Kaminis
On Campus

Georgios Kaminis

Georgios Kaminis, the current mayor of Athens, speaks at the Future of the Left Symposium at the Center for European Studies Wednesday afternoon. Among other things, Kaminis discussed the future of liberal politics in the face of rising right wing populism.

Hazing with Hennessey
On Campus

Hazing with Hennessey

Senior midfeilder Megan Hennessey sprints back on defense in Tuesday night’s match-up. The senior scored two goals in 30 seconds to help solidify the team’s 12-3 lead heading into the half. Hennessey was one of five players to score more than one goal, with three others netting hat tricks.

The Crime of Aggression
On Campus

The Crime of Aggression

HLS professors Alex Whiting and Middlesex University London professors William A. Schabas and Donald M. Ferencz speak about the importance of holding perpetrators of aggressive war accountable to international law.

Double Down
Baseball

Double Down

Senior shortstop Drew Reid, pictured here against Brown last season, had two hits in the Crimson's 7-3 win over UMass.

Dr. Daniel J. Levitin
On Campus

Dr. Daniel J. Levitin

Dr. Daniel J. Levitin, a cognitive psychologist and neuroscientist, speaks Wednesday afternoon at the Harvard Law School Campus. Levitin’s lecture discussed the danger and power of fake news in the “post-truth era” and ways to defend against information illiteracy.

Do Diamonds Matter?
On Campus

Do Diamonds Matter?

A renowned panel of experts on diamonds share their knowledge about this precious stone at an event hosted by the Women’s Jewelry Association. The panel was held Wednesday night in Harvard University’s Mineralogical and Geological Museum.

The Next Move
IOP

The Next Move

Kennedy School professor R. Nicholas Burns, Russia analyst Molly K. McKew (center), and Ret. Brigadier General Kevin Ryan (right) discuss the political climate currently surrounding the U.S. and Russia at a talk hosted at the Institute of Politics Wednesday evening.

Dr. Daniel J. Levitin
On Campus

Photos of the Day 04.05.17

Girma’s Serenade
College

Girma’s Serenade

Eden H. Girma ‘18 performs an original composition at the Afternoon of Engagement on Inclusion and Belonging on Wednesday. The Harvard University Task Force on Inclusion and Belonging orchestrated this event.

Back at It
Softball

Back at It

In a tough start to their conference play, Harvard dropped three of its four matchups by a margin of one point. A year removed from one of its best finishes in conference, the Crimson struggled on the road.