Contributor

Matthew W DeShaw

Latest Content

Eyes on the Prize
Women's Tennis

Eyes on the Prize

Ivy League Champions in 2017, the women’s tennis team has began the season 1-2 against non-divisional opponents

Telenovelas in Pan-Latino Context
On Campus

Telenovelas in Pan-Latino Context

Author June Carolyn Erlick reads from her latest book, “Telenovelas in Pan-Latino Context,” at the Barker Center on Wednesday evening.

Pocket Presence
Football

Pocket Presence

Yale sophomore quarterback Kurt Rawlings surveys the field last year at Harvard Stadium. Yale won its first game against Harvard in ten years in 2016 when Rawlings started as a freshman. Now the team looks to defend its home turf on Saturday and win its first Ivy title since 2006.

Prime the Pump
Football

Prime the Pump

Harvard senior defensive back Tim Haehl gestures to the crowd at Harvard Stadium last year during The Game. Haehl and the rest of Crimson football will look to give traveling Harvard students lots to cheer about this Saturday at the Yale Bowl in New Haven as they try to rebound from last year’s loss.

UC Election Prediction
Undergraduate Council

UC Election Prediction

The Harvard Open Data Project sent out a survey hoping to predict the UC election results.

Get Wole
On Campus

Get Wole

Nobel Prize-winning playwright Wole Soyinka lectures at the Barker Center Tuesday evening. Soyinka is speaking on African art in a three-part lecture series this week.

Peabody Terrace
Graduate School of Design

Peabody Terrace

Peabody Terrace, a complex of graduate student housing, Tuesday evening.

Chief Justice John G. Roberts
Today in Photos

Photos of the Day 11-14-17

Jeff "Tain" Watts
Music

Jeff "Tain" Watts

Grammy-winning jazz drummer Jeff “Tain” Watts talked to students in the Harvard Monday Jazz Band at Leverett House Theater Wednesday evening.

Memorial Service for Alexander H. Patel ‘18
Memorial Church

Friends, family, and classmates remember Alexander H. Patel ’17-’18 at a memorial service Wednesday evening in Memorial Church.

The Safe Way
Harvard Square

The Safe Way

A sign warns pedestrians of the ensuing construction near Harvard Square.

Jeff "Tain" Watts
Today in Photos

Photos of the Day (11/08/2017)

What a Career
Student Life

What a Career

The Crimson certainly hasn’t been immune to Watson’s reign over the Ivy league. Pictured above in 2015, Watson ran the ball from his own 21 for a touchdown to hand Harvard its only loss of the 2015 season.

Thirouin Shade
Men's Tennis

Thirouin Shade

Co-captain Jean Thirouin went 2-1 in singles this weekend at the Tribe Invitational hosted by William & Mary.

Nutmeg
Women's Soccer

Nutmeg

Sophomore midfielder Meg Tveit marches down the field in previous action against Penn. The Bothell, Wash. native was in the starting lineup for 15 of Harvard’s 17 games this season—fourth most on the squad.