Contributor

Matthew W DeShaw

Latest Content

Having a Balleza
Field Hockey

Having a Balleza

Against Princeton, senior forward Marissa Balleza put the Crimson on the board with a score 12 minutes into action.

Mask Off
Field Hockey

Mask Off

A cohort of defenders tries to stop a penalty corner. The Crimson let up two second-half goals but clamped down in overtime.

Young & Gettin' It
Field Hockey

Young & Gettin' It

Sophomore forward Kathleen Young scored two goals in the field hockey team's 3-2 October overtime victory over Princeton. The squad had lost 22 games in a row against the Tigers.

Adult Swim
Men's Swimming

Adult Swim

Ancient Eight competitors swim to the finish at February's Ivy League Championships.

Farris Ain't Fair
Men's Swimming

Farris Ain't Fair

Conference rivals dive at the Ivy Championships. Dean Farris set six new records at the event.

Head Over Heels
Football

Head Over Heels

A trio of Crimson defenders, led by senior Kolbi Brown (11), wraps up Princeton’s James Frusciante in a 23-20 Harvard overtime victory.

Kapping it Off
Softball

Kapping it Off

Junior outfielder Maddy Kaplan, pictured in 2016 against Brown, is second on the team with a .368 batting average.

Walking With Socrates
College

Walking With Socrates

Tim Whitmarsh, a Classics professor at Cambridge University, gave a lecture Wednesday. During his lecture, called "Walking with Socrates: Space, Place and Athenian Philosophy," he addressed the impact of ancient Athens' geography on philosophy.

Tim Whitmarsh
College

Tim Whitmarsh

Tim Whitmarsh, a Classics professor at Cambridge University, gave a lecture called "Walking with Socrates: Space, Place and Athenian Philosophy" in Sever Hall Wednesday. The lecture was a part of the James Loeb Lecture Series.

Naomi Klein
Books

Naomi Klein

Naomi Klein, an award-winning journalist and author, explores the complicated relationship between capitalism and climate change at a talk in First Parish Church Wednesday evening.

Free Massages
Photos of the Day

Photos of the Day 04.20.2017

Klein’s Venue
On Campus

Klein’s Venue

Pictured is First Parish Church, the venue of Naomi Klein’s speech this Wednesday afternoon.

The Big McColl Up
Baseball

The Big McColl Up

Sophomore first baseman Patrick McColl readies for a pitch in earlier action against Brown.

Fallon For You
Baseball

Fallon For You

Junior John Fallon, pictured in action last year against Brown, and the rest of the Crimson will take on Yale this weekend in an important Ivy League matchup.

Georgios Kaminis
On Campus

Georgios Kaminis

Georgios Kaminis, the current mayor of Athens, speaks at the Future of the Left Symposium at the Center for European Studies Wednesday afternoon. Among other things, Kaminis discussed the future of liberal politics in the face of rising right wing populism.