Contributor

Matthew W DeShaw

Latest Content

Trader No's
Cambridge

Trader No's

Trader Joe’s in Cambridge on a Wednesday afternoon. Trader Joe’s in Cambridge is transferring their liquor license to their new location in Allston.

Map Madness
On Campus

Map Madness

Antique maps in Harvard University’s map collection in Pusey Library.

Aesthetic and Narrative
Photos of the Day

Photos of the Day 9.21.2017

Rallying
College

Rallying

Harvard seen in action during its annual Chowderfest. The Crimson hosted teams from around the Northeast for its season opener.

Allston Bound
SEAS

Allston Bound

Passengers board the shuttle heading for Allston outside Lamont Library. In Allston, construction is progressing at Harvard’s new center for Engineering and Applied Sciences.

Allston Bound
Photos of the Day

Photos of the Day 9.14.2017

Sailing at Full Mast
Previews

Sailing at Full Mast

The Harvard sailing team will brave the cold on the Charles once again this year, getting its sea legs down for the fall season. The Crimson is confident in its incoming talent this season, as it looks to piece together individual performance and string it into wins.

Flying Dutchwoman
Field Hockey

Flying Dutchwoman

Sophomore midfielder Bente van Vlijmen glides by the UConn defense. The Netherlands native notched eight goals in 16 games last season and will likely shoulder even more of the offensive burden this year. Through four games in the 2017 campaign, van Vlijmen has two strikes and an assist.

Sticking It To 'Em
Field Hockey

Sticking It To 'Em

Junior back Olivia Allin and her Harvard teammates came back from California with a 2-1 record after going toe-to-toe with some of the country's premier teams.

Home Stretch
Track and Cross Country

Home Stretch

Senior Elianna Shwayder, pictured here during an indoor track meet last season, will captain this year's women's cross country team.

Having a Balleza
Field Hockey

Having a Balleza

Against Princeton, senior forward Marissa Balleza put the Crimson on the board with a score 12 minutes into action.

Mask Off
Field Hockey

Mask Off

A cohort of defenders tries to stop a penalty corner. The Crimson let up two second-half goals but clamped down in overtime.

Young & Gettin' It
Field Hockey

Young & Gettin' It

Sophomore forward Kathleen Young scored two goals in the field hockey team's 3-2 October overtime victory over Princeton. The squad had lost 22 games in a row against the Tigers.

Adult Swim
Men's Swimming

Adult Swim

Ancient Eight competitors swim to the finish at February's Ivy League Championships.

Farris Ain't Fair
Men's Swimming

Farris Ain't Fair

Conference rivals dive at the Ivy Championships. Dean Farris set six new records at the event.