Four Arrested After String of Armed Robberies

Lawrence Police have arrested two men and two juveniles they believe are responsible for a series of armed robberies that occurred Friday morning in Brookline, Cambridge, Lawrence, and Boston.

The four suspects—Michael Ellis, 20, of Haverhill; King Sheman, 19, of Newburyport; and two male juveniles of Amesbury and Newburyport—were arrested Friday morning after they “pistol whipped and robbed a victim in Lawrence of their phone and wallet,” according to a Cambridge Police Department release. Police had initially reported three potential assailants—two black males and the driver of a dark sedan.

Officials said they recovered a black Volkswagen, described as the “suspect’s vehicle.”

Two similar armed robberies had taken place earlier in the morning near Harvard Square, around 3 a.m. and 3:15 a.m. The victim in the second of those two incidents was an unnamed 25-year-old Harvard Summer School student, who suffered minor injuries.

According to the release, police recovered two BB guns and a black Volkswagen from the suspects, as well as property stolen from the Cambridge victims. Detectives from the cities’ police departments examined the evidence, and the suspects are expected to be formally charged once the investigation is complete.

The Cambridge Police Department could not be reached for further comment.

—Staff writer Luca F. Schroeder can be reached at luca.schroeder@thecrimson.com. Follow him on Twitter @lucaschroeder.