In Photos: The 138th Game

By Katherine A. Harvey and Nicholas T. Jacobsson
By Katherine A. Harvey

The annual showdown between the Harvard Crimson and the Yale Bulldogs return to the Yale Bowl in New Haven, Connecticut on Nov. 18. A tight game, the Crimson falls to the Bulldogs 18-23, closing out the team’s 150th season.

By Nicholas T. Jacobsson

Before The Game begins, senior Ean P. Norenberg cheers on teammates Spencer B. Cassell and Logan A. Bednar. The Crimson had an 8-1 record, and had already clinched a share of the Ivy League title. A win at The Game would have secured sole possession of the title.

Sophomore quarterback Jaden C. Craig ’26 looks to make a pass down the field.

Yale defensive lineman Zion Dayne tries to fight through a block.

The Harvard defensive line tackles Yale running back Joshua Pitsenberger.

Yale senior Ryan Lindley scores the first touchdown of the game in the second quarter.

As the second quarter draws to a close, Crimson coach Tim Murphy convenes the Crimson players during a timeout.

Senior tight end Tyler J. Neville scores the first touchdown for the Crimson to put Harvard on the board late in the first half.

Craig rushes for a seven yard touchdown on the first play of the fourth quarter, bringing the score to 17-12 in favor of Yale.

Junior wide receiver Ledger Hatch fights through tight coverage by Yale's Sean Guyton to make a diving touchdown catch, giving the Crimson a narrow 18-17 lead over the Bulldogs.

Harvard fans filled the Yale Bowl, flooding the stadium with a wave of Crimson. The energy in the crowd was high as the Crimson sought to further its lead in the fourth quarter.

Crimson defenders converge on a Yale ball carrier. Harvard was not able to defend its lead, as Yale's touchdown with under six minutes to play provided the winning points in the Bulldogs' 23-18 victory.

Harvard and Yale students staged a pro-Palestine protest during halftime at The Game. Yale increased security at the Yale Bowl before the game.

Linebacker Brock A. Locnikar shakes hands with someone in the crowd after the game. As Yale fans stormed the field, Harvard students retreated to buses headed back to campus. The Harvard Crimson came out of The Game with a share of the Ivy League title in a three-way tie with Yale and Dartmouth.

FootballYaleThe GamePhoto EssayFront Photo FeatureFeatured Articles