Supreme Court Justice Sotomayor Talks Justice, Civic Engagement at Radcliffe Day

Church Says It Did Not Authorize ‘People’s Commencement’ Protest After Harvard Graduation Walkout

‘Welcome to the Battlefield’: Maria Ressa Talks Tech, Fascism in Harvard Commencement Address

Multimedia

In Photos: Harvard’s 373rd Commencement Exercises

Rabbi Zarchi Confronted Maria Ressa, Walked Off Stage Over Her Harvard Commencement Speech

CPD Investigating Thursday Shooting at Donnelly Field Which Left Two Injured

Cambridge Police are investigating a shooting at Donnelly Field Thursday night.
Cambridge Police are investigating a shooting at Donnelly Field Thursday night. By Julian J. Giordano
By Sally E. Edwards, Crimson Staff Writer

The Cambridge Police Department is currently investigating a shooting at Donnelly Field, where two individuals were non-fatally shot on Thursday evening.

CPD found the two victims after responding to multiple calls about shots fired in the Wellington-Harrington neighborhood athletics field. The two Cambridge residents — a 22-year-old female and a 23-year-old male — are currently being treated at Massachusetts General Hospital.

Both the Massachusetts State Police and CPD were on the scene of the shootings on Thursday night. According to a Friday morning press release, the incident is currently under investigation as the department is increasing their presence in the area.

“Cambridge Police believe this was an isolated event, but we will be staffing the area with extra patrols out of an abundance of caution,” the statement read.

The Cambridge Day reported that a group of suspects was seen fleeing the area after Thursday night’s shooting. While CPD has yet to make any arrests in connection to the shootings, the department is encouraging Cambridge residents to come forward with any information related to the incident.

This incident comes as the second gunfire incident reported to the department this year. The first incident — which took place on Jan. 25 — was reported in West Cambridge at Danehy Park.

— Staff writer Sally E. Edwards can be reached at sally.edwards@thecrimson.com. Follow her on X @sallyedwards04 or on Threads @sally_edwards06.

CrimeCambridge PoliceMetro