Greek Chicken Wrap & Brown Sugar Pear Crisp

•

In this series, we bring you creative and delicious recipes that can be made in 10 minutes and less, all within the constraints of Harvard’s dining halls. Have a recipe you'd like to share? E-mail us at flyby@thecrimson.com.

Today we have a delicious entrée and dessert: a greek chicken wrap and a delectable brown sugar pear crisp. The wrap is perfect for both lunch or dinner and can be made using ingredients available at both meals. The pear crisp is best enjoyed after dinner, as the finishing touch to a long day.

GREEK CHICKEN WRAP

Ingredients:

1 open pita or tortilla

Honey-mustard dressing

1 grilled chicken breast

3-4 slices of tomato

A few leaves of lettuce

Crumbled feta

A spoonful of raisins (optional)

Olives, pitted (optional)

Directions: Order a grilled chicken breast from the grill. Slice the chicken into strips, place aside. Put the pita or tortilla on a plate. Drizzle honey-mustard dressing on the pita, adding enough to taste. Now add the chicken, tomato slices, lettuce, and feta to the wrap. If you like, add raisins (delicious!) or olives as well. Fold over the sides of the pita and there you have it—your own delicious wrap.

BROWN SUGAR PEAR CRISP

Ingredients:

Hemp-plus granola

Cracklin’ Oat Bran

Honey

1 pear, sliced into ½ inch strips

Brown-sugar

Whipped cream

Directions: In a small bowl, add hemp-plus granola and a small amount of Cracklin’ Oat Bran. Use your hands to crumble the Cracklin’ Oat Bran into pieces about the size of the granola. You’ll need to eyeball the amount of cereal, but a good estimate is to make sure that it covers the bottom of the bowl but does not fill the bowl all the way to the rim. Add honey (usually found at the tea station) to the cereal, mixing continuously with a spoon until the cereals stick together and the mixture appears crust-like. Your crust is done.

Place the sliced pears in a larger bowl. Sprinkle the pears with brown sugar (about two spoonfuls) and then put the bowl in the microwave. Warm the pears for 40 seconds. If the brown sugar still needs to melt, warm for another 20 seconds.

Remove the pears from the microwave and pour them and the brown-sugar liquid into the other bowl. Top with a generous helping of whipped cream (often found in the refrigerator with the soymilk) and enjoy!

Video by Sophie T. Bearman, Elyssa A.L. Spitzer, Saieed Hasnoo, and Xi Yu/The Harvard Crimson.

House LifeFood and Drink

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.