Battle of the (Quad's) Brains

•

Last night, Pforzheimer dining hall was the site of an epic battle (the geek kind, not the Greek kind).

In the first ever Quad-wide trivia challenge sponsored by the three HoCos, 60 students divided into seven teams for a chance to win a $20 gift card to BerryLine and, of course, eternal House glory.

During each round, teams had 10 minutes to answer 10 trivia questions that were displayed on the projection screen. To submit their answers, team members had to run up the stairs to the scorekeepers on the second floor of the dining hall.

After over an hour of answering questions, running up and down the stairs, and feasting on chips and ice cream sandwiches, Pfoho emerged victorious.

We asked enthusiastic competitor Chelsea S. Link '12, a member of the winning team, “Trivia Newton-John,” about the secret to their success.

"Nonstop awesome," she said. "Being on home turf, we knew how to navigate the stairs."

The questions covered everything from common knowledge to more obscure tidbits, such as the name of John Harvard's boat (Queen's Head) and the color of a polar bear's tongue (black).

Erika M. Lovin '11, a social chair on the Pfoho HoCo, was responsible for the idea of a trivia challenge as an effort to foster community in the Quad.

House LifePforzheimerCurrierCabot

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.