Graduating Class of 1904 Included Farmer, Three Dry Goods Salesmen, and 121 Lawyers

•
1946 Crimson
1946 Crimson

Every week, The Crimson publishes a selection of articles that were printed in our pages in years past.

June 24, 1904: Senior Class Occupations

Abbott, H., law.

Acosta, R.M. de, law.

Adams, A.K., teaching.

Adams, G.P., teaching.

June 25, 1942: 675 Will Register in Memorial Hall

Approximately 675 students will register today in historic Memorial Hall to become members of a freshman class which bids well to grow by September to one of the largest classes in the 300 years of Harvard history, if not the largest.

June 29, 1959: Many Gay Social Events Highlight Summer Planning

The about 3,850 students attending the Summer School in 1959 will be socially treated to all the benefits of a three ring circus and some of the exclusivity of Mrs. Vanderbilt's legendary "400."

Basically, three weekly events will serve to promote friendship among the students. Normally, the social week will be kicked off by a Square Dance at the Harvard Union on Tuesday evening, with the well-known caller Herb Gaudreau calling the sets.

This Tuesday, however, the famed Schneider's Band will serenade the happy few from the steps of Widener Library—on the Tuesdays following, through August 4, the Union will bow to the music and dancing of the Westland.

June 29, 1970: Why This Paper Isn't Free

One upon a time. Harvard Summer School students were given a twice-weekly newspaper called Harvard Summer News—free.

That once-upon-a-time ran out last summer, the Summer News—funded by the Summer School—has disappeared forever, and if you want to find out about Harvard's brilliant range of intellectual foreplay, culture, tragedy, male chauvinism, and dope, you'll have to pay for it.

—Compiled by Julie M. Zauzmer

Central AdministrationHistoryAlumniMemorial ChurchSummerFreshmenArchivesHarvard YardCareers Harvard Summer SchoolJournalism

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.