675 WILL REGISTER IN MEMORIAL HALL

Upperclassmen Sign in Friday, Saturday, Number 1,800; Athletics Required for All

Approximately 675 students will register today in historic Memorial Hall to become members of a Freshman class which bids well to grow by September to one of the largest classes in the 300 years of Harvard history, if not the largest.

Some 1,800 upperclassmen will register Friday and Saturday, and the official summer term will begin on Monday, June 29. Final registration will be on Tuesday, June 30, when students in the graduate schools will enter.

The Summer School term will be 12 weeks in length, divided into two sessions of six weeks each (June 29 to August 8, August 10 to September 19) and insofar as possible will include all the educational features of the fall and spring terms. At the same time the regular Summer School, primarily for adults, will operate on nearly its regular program. Some 1,250 special students are expected to register.

Classes Meet Dally

Classes for undergraduates will normally meet five times each week, instead of the customary three times, and in each class the work of the usual Harvard "half-course" will be completed in the six weeks for each session of the summer term. Certain courses in foreign languages will be full courses and will meet two or three hours each day.

Compulsory physical exercises will be required of all undergraduates, including Seniors, during the summer term. Intramural sports and competition with service teams are being arranged in addition to classes in military calisthenics.

Incoming Freshmen will have dormitory quarters in the upperclass Houses along the Charles. On July 1, officers of the United States Navy will move into dormitories in the Harvard Yard.