Harvard Today: May 8, 2015

•

It's Friday, but does it even matter when there are finals tomorrow too? In any case, good luck with your finals and papers! Always remember: that roommate you're glaring at because he/she is moving out while you're furiously typing away at page three of your 15-page paper will soon be you too!

IN THE ATMOSPHERE

It's really sunny today and a high of 71 degrees! It's supposed to be beautiful all of this weekend, and aren't you sad that you have to spend it studying? #cruel

IN THE D-HALL

Lunch

Catch of the Day
Pesto Roasted Chicken with Basil Pesto
Seitan Tostadas

Dinner
Caribbean Jerk Chicken
Spicy Curried Mussels
Roasted Jamaican Tofu

IN THE NEWS

1) In Dunster, a Search for BGLTQ Support: "When one tutor spoke up to raise concerns about the environment in one of Harvard’s Houses and its lack of tutors who identify as BGLTQ, the tone in the room quickly shifted."

2) Few in Number, Harvard's Minority Faculty Face Additional Burdens: "But while Harvard and FAS have institutionalized a hiring process designed to draw in more a racially and ethnically diverse faculty, some professors say that they feel there is more work to do to improve the work environment for those faculty after they enter Harvard’s gates."

3) 68 Undergraduates Win Hoopes Prize: "Sixty-eight undergraduates received Hoopes prizes for outstanding academic work or scholarly research this week, many for their senior theses."

4) For Low-Income Students, the Cost of Books Can Be a Burden: "For many students at Harvard, course selection is hectic enough. But for some students, particularly those from low-income backgrounds, shopping for books and course packs delivers added stress."

5) Harvard Ceramics Program Opens Spring Show: "Showcasing the work of more than 60 participating artists, the annual spring sale of the Ceramics Program of Harvard’s Office for the Arts opened in the program’s Allston studio on Thursday evening."

ON FM

1) Year in Review A-Z:  "Fifteen Minutes goes through 2014-2015 from Allston to Ze."

EVENTS

There's a Pet Therapy today from 12 to 2 p.m. in Science Center Plaza. Take a break from studying and pet some adorable animals!

IGP's Senior Show is tonight at 8 p.m. in Science Center A.

There's a Qigong class on Saturday morning at 10 a.m. at the Memorial Hall West Lawn.

Harvard's Arnold Arboretum is having a Mother's Day Food Truck Festival on Sunday! The arboretum is on 125 Arborway in Boston.

Flyby BlogHarvard Today

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.