Harvard Today: September 17, 2015

•

Rejoice for it is Thursday, the beginning of the weekend. For those of us who don’t have class on Fridays, that is. Amazing things have happened on this day in the past. In 1978, the Camp David Accords were signed by Israel and Egypt. And then in 1983, Vanessa Williams became the first black Miss America. What amazing things will happen to you today?

IN THE ATMOSPHERE

Get ready for another nice hot day! With highs of 88, it’s going to be quite toasty for most of the day. But things will cool down in the evenings, with lows of 60.

IN THE D-HALL

Lunch:

Asian BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich

Vegetable Lo Mein with Tofu

Roasted Russet Potato Wedges

Dinner:

Chef’s Choice

Cider Roasted Pork Loin

Tuscan Herb Garlic Rsted Chick

5 Cheese Tortellini with Spinach and Mushrooms

ON FLYBY

“Change is Good”: Your Guide to the New and Improved HUDS: Flyby’s official endorsement of the positive changes that have come to HUDS.

Farmal: The Real Garden Party: Get the lowdown on the event that has 4.1k people registered to attend on Facebook.

So, What’s a Class Marshal?: Voting for class marshal has already begun. But what even is a class marshal, anyway?

IN THE NEWS (sorry, there’s nothing new that’s come up yet! as of 9:33. I’m going to bed super early today because I have to get up at 5:30...sorry about leaving this section blank!)

EVENTS

The Harvard Cancer Society is hosting Alex’s Lemonade Stand, its annual lemonade stand to raise funds for the fight against pediatric cancer, in the Science Center Plaza today and tomorrow from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.

The Harvard Project for Asian and International Relations is holding an information session in Ticknor Lounge from 7-8 p.m.

The Solars are performing in the Queen’s Head Pub at 10:30 p.m.

House Life

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.