How to: Recreate Annenberg at Home

•
By Madison A. Shirazi

Among many Harvard firsts to experience during Visitas, a meal at Annenberg Dining Hall is a must. There’s no better way to meet incoming classmates than over a Veritaffle and orange juice carried on a green plastic tray. To all the prefrosh out there worried about missing the Annenberg dining experience, Flyby is here to help. Here are some easy ways you can recreate Berg food and ambiance at home. Seriously. You won’t even be able to tell the difference!

Greek Yogurt

If there’s one thing we all love about the Berg, it’s the Greek yogurt bar. With fruit (typically berries or pineapple), fancy varieties of granola, and a few different flavors of yogurt, the Berg yogurt bar is as consistent as the sunrise. Put some yogurt and your choice of toppings in a small bowl to get a small taste of your daily life at Harvard.

Lining Up

While there’s usually little to no line to go enter the Berg, Visitas is no average weekend. With hundreds of prefrosh and their families waiting to go inside, you can’t say you ate at Berg during Visitas if you didn’t stand in at least a thirty-minute line. Test your patience at home by lining up to enter your kitchen, whether alone, with your siblings, or any family member who wants to participate. Bonus points for shameless cutting!

DIY Soda Fountain

On any given day, your home fridge probably has three to four different beverages to choose from. If it’s got more, that’s respectable. The Berg, however, is a beverage heaven. Featuring so many milk choices (chocolate, almond, and oat to name a few), tea options, juices galore, and an assortment of sodas, there’s pretty much every drink you could dream of. Try something new to drink on your next grocery store trip to prepare yourself for what’s to come!

Practice Your Harvard Intro

With your entire future class together in one place, you’ll definitely be introducing yourself many times over while sitting at Berg’s long rows of tables. Practice your Harvard introduction at home with your family so you can be as polished as ever when you finally get to campus. What’s your name and hometown? Don’t forget about that potential concentration. No pressure though. Remember to be yourself!

While missing the fine dining experience that is Annenberg (along with other famed Visitas activities) might bum you out a little right now, don’t worry too much. There’s much to look forward to in the fall when all the freshmen can experience Berg together and look at the stained glass windows on the walls as you eat a freshly made Veritaffle.

FeaturesFlyby BlogFeatures and Series

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.