Ms. FManners

Gone are the days of frock-coated waiters who lower engraved silver flatware to your left. Oxfordesque high-table dining has been
By The CRIMSON Staff

Residents of Canady and Matthews have taken things too far. The single-sex scene of the dorms’ communal showers have been co-opted by some first-years looking to get freaky. Couples have decided it’s OK to walk into a bathroom in G-entry, pick a shower stall, and make screachy, sweet love beneath an incessant stream of hot water. Let this be clear: It is not OK.

Whether the reason is the excitement of getting caught, a thrill of thumbing one’s nose at same-sex restrooms, or just unrestricted animal lust, hooking up in a bathroom shower shared by all the residents of a floor or even a large room is an appalling disregard for the welfare of the students one lives with.

No doubt that making whoopie in a shower is a fantasy many may have, as evidenced by the seeming inevitability of a shower sex scene in any soft-core porno movie. But Skinemax’s imaginative flattery of human passions is no excuse to act your own fantasy out three feet from your neighbor brushing his or her teeth. If for no other reason, nobody needs love juices anywhere near their skin and hair care products.

Everybody needs a little action now and then. Open letter to students taking it to the public showers: Cut that shit out.