It's not porn, but there's plenty of nudity.

Re-Dropping the H-Bomb

Naked people delivered straight to your dropbox? Sweet. Sexy is more than just back with the resurrection of H-Bomb, a
By Sha Jin

Naked people delivered straight to your dropbox? Sweet. Sexy is more than just back with the resurrection of H-Bomb, a literary art magazine with fiction, essays, poetry, and—you guessed it—unclothed classmates.

Following the media hype from less sexy publications like Newsweek and The Boston Globe, H-Bomb printed two issues in 2004 and 2005, warranting praise from Playboy: “Harvard—not as square as we remember it.” After featuring an essay written by a S.L.U.T (Sexually Liberated Urban Twenty-something) and a piece on free Trojans and those who “continue to use such shitty condoms on a regular basis,” the magazine then folded for a year due to lack of leadership when many of its earliest contributors graduated.

This year, Martabel Wasserman ’10 has stepped up to get H-Bomb running again. “A person from the previous board asked me in June if I would be interested in releasing the next issue. I immediately started working on it,” she says.

The upcoming issue discusses “topics regarding sex and sexuality in broad terms,” says Wasserman. “There’s no publication out there now that has this level of academic integrity and global perspective, but also fun sex advice, and art that’s exciting, or maybe erotic combined with serious articles.”

Editor Alexandra M. Hays ’09 hopes that the issue “will surprise people...it’s not porn for sure. It’s a lot of things.” Hays has also confirmed that “there will be naked people. Hot people and maybe not hot people and nudity.”

So student, mark your calendars—the next issue of H-Bomb is due in February. A long wait from October, but justifiable for a magazine that, according to the H-Bomb website, is “somewhere beyond porn...a happy medium where intellectual is sexy and hot is genius.” Does having a happy medium mean that Mansfield is the new sexy? Totally your call.