Around the Ivies

Around the Ivies: Hanover in the Spotlight

16 hours ago

I apologize in advance for going a little off-script here. This space is normally reserved for getting you up to speed on the state of Ivy League football outside the Harvard bubble. But doing that just doesn’t make sense this week.

To explain why, here is a quick quiz. Below are the records for each of the four Saturday matchups. Which do you think is the most interesting?

Read more

Around The Ivies: Plot Twists Ahead

7 days ago

You know that inevitable scene in House where all the young doctors think their patient has Lupus? Or maybe you’d relate better with CSI, and that moment you know is coming 30 minutes in when they bring in a suspect. It’s never Lupus, and that first guy never did it.

That scene always seems so scripted, right? So fake. But it’s not. It’s probably the most realistic scene in the series. That scene is all around us, playing out every day.

Read more

Around the Ivies: One of These Schools is Not Like the Others

October 10, 2014

Cornell does not belong in the Ivy League. 

Actually, let me back up for a second.

Read more

Penn-Dartmouth Headlines Weekend of Ivy League Play

October 03, 2014

Efficiency. I’m a fan.

So with the University administration asking for student thoughts on the General Education program and fans wondering about the state of the Ivy League, I figured I would help both at the same time.

Read more

Crimson Fireworks Expected in Providence

September 26, 2014

The Harvard football team’s road trip to Brown can go wrong for the Crimson in one of three foreseeable ways.

1. While in Providence, senior quarterback Conner Hempel falls in love with [indie band you haven’t heard of] before Saturday night’s game, shaves half his head, gets a nose ring, and vows to devote no more time to mainstream frivolities like playing football.

Read more

Hockey
Men's Ice Hockey

Hockey Preview 2014

The Oval
Scrutiny

Seeing Red: Stanford v. Harvard

blood handprint
Arts

Dead Letter: The Aesthetics of Horror

Election Strategy
Columns

Where Did All The Ideas Go?