Around the Ivies

AROUND THE IVIES: Battle Over Championship Ensues in Final Weekend

March 06, 2015

­It’s not The Game but it’s certainly The Rematch.

When Yale visits Harvard this Friday at Lavietes, it brings more than SportsCenter and sweater vests in tow. The game between the league’s two co-leaders is not only the de facto Ivy League championship game, but a chance for Yale to end Harvard’s hegemony atop the Ancient Eight.

Read more

AROUND THE IVIES: Men's Basketball Seeks to Expand Lead Atop Ivy League

February 27, 2015

The penultimate weekend of Ivy League play is upon us, dear reader. The allure of spring break, shining like The Strip in the far distance, is obscured by the impending cloud of midterms and blocking group drama. Housing day teasers have begun to usurp trite Buzzfeed articles on the author’s ever-prescient Facebook Timeline. As muddy ice piles grow, the Brown school newspaper’s blog has debuted a “Lana del Foreplay” column to keep spirits high amongst yet another Derrick Rose injury.

Indeed, it can only be spring.

Read more

Around the Ivies: Chambers Key For the Crimson's Success Down Stretch

February 20, 2015

Everyone in the gym could see it coming.

As Columbia senior Jeff Coby’s three rattled through the net—completing the Lions’ comeback from a 17-point halftime deficit—junior co-captain Siyani Chambers began motioning for the inbound. Harvard coach Tommy Amaker lets his players play through these situations, trying to catch the defense before it’s set; his floor general was ready to go.

Read more

Around the Ivies: Big Weekend for Yale, Princeton in Ivy Title Pursuit

February 13, 2015

Before getting to the basketball, I want to begin this column with a moment of mourning for the three University of North Carolina—Chapel Hill students who were shot Wednesday—Shaddy Barakat, Yusor Mohammad, and Razan Mohammad Abu-Salha. My thoughts and prayers are with the deceased and their families.  

With that, let’s return to Ivy League basketball, dear reader. 

Read more

AROUND THE IVIES: Men's Basketball To Face Brown and Yale

February 06, 2015

Harvard-Yale is back, and this time Lee Corso is not coming with it.

If you missed last weekend, here’s a quick recap of where the league stands. Harvard swept the Penn/Princeton road trip for the second year in a row to right the ship after a home loss to Dartmouth. It’s been a tough season for the Killer Ps, who have a combined 14-21 record on the season. Consequently, I’ll be rechristening them the Black-Eyed P's from here on out.

Read more

Santa Lucía
Highlight

Trading Seasons: Spending Summer Break in a Chile Winter

Adulthood Is Relative
Highlight

Adulthood Is Relative

A Taste of Italy 2
Highlight

A Taste of Italy: On Milan, Siena, and Studying Abroad

Le Quatorze Juillet
Highlight

Le Quatorze Juillet