Crimson staff writer

Cordelia F Mendez

Latest Content

Mama Miye
Women's Ice Hockey

Women's Hockey Sweeps Yale in ECAC Quarterfinals

Unlike last year's dramatic three-game series with the Bulldogs, the Crimson swiftly took down Yale in consecutive contests to advance to the ECAC semifinals.

MVP
Women's Ice Hockey

Women's Hockey Seizes Control of ECAC in Final Road Trip

With wins over Cornell and Colgate this weekend, the Crimson extended its lead in the ECAC to three points with just two games left to be played.

Levity

Valentine's Day Gift Guide

With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, those of us (i.e. not me) in relationships might be curious as to what to give their special someone. Luckily, I am an expert gift giver.

Women's Ice Hockey

Women's Hockey Rides 13 Goals to Two Weekend Wins

Behind hat tricks from Lyndsey Fry and Mary Parker, the No. 4/4 Crimson cruised to wins over Yale and Brown at the Bright-Landry Hockey Center this weekend.

Lurkin' Laing
Women's Ice Hockey

Women's Hockey Cruises to Pair of Weekend Wins

Two conference wins over Union and RPI continue a pattern of hearty Crimson defense in the second half of the season that has allowed no more than one goal per game against league opponents.

ALL IN
Men's Basketball

Looking for the Stories Beyond the Box Scores

Our time as Sports Chairs has been shaped entirely by the people around us whose stories we try to tell every day. It’s the injured but headstrong team captain, the bench player who sinks a gamewinner, the coach who’s been here since before either of us were born, the hardworking photographer, and the managing editor who puts up with our antics every day.

D'OEN
Women's Ice Hockey

Women's Hockey Ties with BU, 1-1

A staunch Terriers defense kept the Crimson from sealing a win in the 60 minutes of regulation play or five minutes of overtime.

FRESH FACED
Women's Ice Hockey

Ready to Start: Women's Hockey Freshmen

Six freshmen comprise a rookie class that will share the ice with former Olympians and ECAC heavyweights.

Stanton
Notebooks

NOTEBOOK: Hosch Shows Dual-Threat Potential

It may not have been the prettiest of victories, but the Harvard football team won its first sash in the pageant that is the Ivy League title race.

Notebooks

Ivy Opener to Show What's Next for Harvard Football

With a game each under the their belts, Harvard (1-0) and the Brunos (0-1) face somewhat different predicaments and situations on their respective rosters.

Facebook at Puzzle Day
College

This Is CS50.

CS50 is exceptional for its size, its resources and the cult of personality around its charismatic leader. It is more than just a class at Harvard; it is a cultural touchstone, a lifestyle, a spectacle. This is CS50, and it’s here to stay.

Op-Eds

Clear Blue Skies

Today, we can all be New Yorkers—proud, strong, and never forgetting.

Summer Postcards 2014

Jelly Beans and Jury Duty

I am playing pretend as an adult, reporting for civic duty on a day when I’d typically sleep in and spend my time on yoga and frozen yogurt.

Women's Ice Hockey

Game of the Year, Runner-Up: Women's Ice Hockey vs. Yale

Looking for a spot in the next round of the ECAC playoffs, the Harvard women's ice hockey team took to the ice against Yale for 241 minutes of game time that spanned three contests from Feb. 28 to March 2.

Year in Sports - Photos - Women's Ice Hockey - Mary Parker
Women's Ice Hockey

Team of the Year, Runner-Up: Women's Ice Hockey

A team depleted by graduation, the Olympics, and health-related departures contended for the ECAC title and finished the season 23-7-4, just one win short of its 2012-2013 total.

9/11 Memorial
College

Boots on the Ground: ROTC at Harvard

Kaledora Kiernan-Linn
College

The Dropouts

Snow on Plympton
College

More Snow Looming, College Alters Dining Schedule

Divest Harvard Rally
Central Administration

After 24-Hour Sit-In, Divest Harvard Protesters Leave Mass. Hall