Cordelia F Mendez

Summer Postcards 2014

Jelly Beans and Jury Duty

I am playing pretend as an adult, reporting for civic duty on a day when I’d typically sleep in and spend my time on yoga and frozen yogurt.

Women's Ice Hockey

Game of the Year, Runner-Up: Women's Ice Hockey vs. Yale

Looking for a spot in the next round of the ECAC playoffs, the Harvard women's ice hockey team took to the ice against Yale for 241 minutes of game time that spanned three contests from Feb. 28 to March 2.

Year in Sports - Photos - Women's Ice Hockey - Mary Parker
Women's Ice Hockey

Team of the Year, Runner-Up: Women's Ice Hockey

A team depleted by graduation, the Olympics, and health-related departures contended for the ECAC title and finished the season 23-7-4, just one win short of its 2012-2013 total.

Year in Sports - Coach of the Year - Maura Crowell
Women's Ice Hockey

Crowell Shines in Head Coach Role

While Katey Stone may remain the Landry Family Head Coach for Harvard Women’s Ice Hockey—the post she has held for the past 20 years—it was Maura Crowell who manned the ship at the Bright, acting as interim coach this year and coaching a barebones Crimson lineup of just 18 skaters.

Athlete of the Week
Men's Golf

Athlete of the Week: Lederhausen, Cheng Take Home Ivy Titles

Playing on the Upper and Lower Courses of the Baltusrol Golf Club in Springfield, N.J., this weekend, Cheng, a freshman on the Harvard women’s golf team, and Lederhausen, a senior on the men’s team, did what no pair of Crimson golfers has done before—win both the men’s and women’s individual titles at the Ivy League Championship.

Super Smasch
Women's Ice Hockey

Women's Hockey's NCAA Run Cut Short by Wisconsin

In its 10th program visit to the NCAA Tournament, the Crimson ended its season at the hands of No. 3/3 Wisconsin, 2-1, at LeBahn Arena in Madison, Wis.

Women's Ice Hockey

Women's Ice Hockey Contends For Title Without Stone

With a first round NCAA Tournament game on Saturday and an Ivy League crown under their belts, the women of the Crimson look as strong as ever.

Women's Hockey vs Yale
Women's Ice Hockey

Women's Hockey Advances to ECAC Semifinals

After 241 minutes of game time, the Crimson (23-5-4, 13-3-2 ECAC) and its depleted roster of just 17 players skated away with one loss, 3-2, and two wins, 3-2 and 4-0, against the Bulldogs (9-26-7, 6-11-7) in the ECAC Tournament quarterfinals.

Women's Ice Hockey

Women's Hockey Will Open Postseason Hosting Rival Yale

Just a week after leaving New Haven with a notch in the tie column, the No. 5 Harvard women’s ice hockey team will face Yale this weekend in the quarterfinals of the ECAC Women’s Hockey Tournament.

Women's Ice Hockey

Harvard-Backed U.S. Women's Hockey Falls to Canada in Gold Medal Game

Possessing a 2-1 lead with a minute remaining, the Americans squandered the advantage and eventually fell to the Canadians in sudden-death overtime, 3-2.

Women's Ice Hockey

Women's Ice Hockey Suffers Loss to Clarkson

Looking solidify its presence at the top of the ECAC, the No. 6/6 Harvard women’s ice hockey team took a step down to second in the league at the hand of No. 5/5 Clarkson

D'oench ice hockey
Women's Ice Hockey

Clarkson, St. Lawrence to Face Women's Hockey in Critical Weekend

Clarkson will come to Cambridge on Friday sitting just one game behind the league-leading Crimson, with both teams highly aware that a Harvard loss could change conference standings with just two weeks of regular-season play to go. St. Lawrence, ranked sixth in the conference, faces the Crimson on Saturday at the Bright-Landry Hockey Center.

Women's Ice Hockey

No. 4/5 Women's Ice Hockey Tops Big Green

It may have been the Winter Carnival this weekend in Hanover, N.H., but there was little to celebrate for Dartmouth hockey enthusiasts as the Big Green (7-16-1, 6-11-1 ECAC) fell to the Harvard women’s ice hockey team, 4-1, on Friday night at Thompson Arena. The win was the Crimson’s fourth straight against its northern Ivy foes.

Men's Basketball

Confessions of an Almost-Tiger

My future in idyllic central New Jersey, clad in orange and black, died even faster than Mitch Henderson’s NBA career.

Mary Parker
Women's Ice Hockey

Women's Hockey Falls to Northeastern in Beanpot Semifinals

Two straight years of missing the Beanpot finals turned to three on Tuesday at the Conte Forum as the No. 3/5 Crimson (17-3-3, 13-2-2 ECAC) fell to Northeastern (14-12-2, 8-6-2 Hockey East). Despite a late rally by Harvard’s offense, a third period comeback effort fell short, and the Huskies took the matchup, 4-3.

Dance at the fair
Freshmen

Survey Part I: Get To Know Harvard’s Class of 2018

Freshman Survey Cover
Freshmen

Class of 2018: By the Numbers

india_reina
Highlight

An Evil Woman

Academic Fair at the Plaza
On Campus

Opening Days