Crimson staff writer

Cordelia F Mendez

Latest Content

D'OEN
Women's Ice Hockey

Women's Hockey Ties with BU, 1-1

A staunch Terriers defense kept the Crimson from sealing a win in the 60 minutes of regulation play or five minutes of overtime.

FRESH FACED
Women's Ice Hockey

Ready to Start: Women's Hockey Freshmen

Six freshmen comprise a rookie class that will share the ice with former Olympians and ECAC heavyweights.

Stanton
Notebooks

NOTEBOOK: Hosch Shows Dual-Threat Potential

It may not have been the prettiest of victories, but the Harvard football team won its first sash in the pageant that is the Ivy League title race.

Notebooks

Ivy Opener to Show What's Next for Harvard Football

With a game each under the their belts, Harvard (1-0) and the Brunos (0-1) face somewhat different predicaments and situations on their respective rosters.

Facebook at Puzzle Day
College

This Is CS50.

CS50 is exceptional for its size, its resources and the cult of personality around its charismatic leader. It is more than just a class at Harvard; it is a cultural touchstone, a lifestyle, a spectacle. This is CS50, and it’s here to stay.

Op-Eds

Clear Blue Skies

Today, we can all be New Yorkers—proud, strong, and never forgetting.

Summer Postcards 2014

Jelly Beans and Jury Duty

I am playing pretend as an adult, reporting for civic duty on a day when I’d typically sleep in and spend my time on yoga and frozen yogurt.

Women's Ice Hockey

Game of the Year, Runner-Up: Women's Ice Hockey vs. Yale

Looking for a spot in the next round of the ECAC playoffs, the Harvard women's ice hockey team took to the ice against Yale for 241 minutes of game time that spanned three contests from Feb. 28 to March 2.

Year in Sports - Photos - Women's Ice Hockey - Mary Parker
Women's Ice Hockey

Team of the Year, Runner-Up: Women's Ice Hockey

A team depleted by graduation, the Olympics, and health-related departures contended for the ECAC title and finished the season 23-7-4, just one win short of its 2012-2013 total.

Year in Sports - Coach of the Year - Maura Crowell
Women's Ice Hockey

Crowell Shines in Head Coach Role

While Katey Stone may remain the Landry Family Head Coach for Harvard Women’s Ice Hockey—the post she has held for the past 20 years—it was Maura Crowell who manned the ship at the Bright, acting as interim coach this year and coaching a barebones Crimson lineup of just 18 skaters.

Athlete of the Week
Men's Golf

Athlete of the Week: Lederhausen, Cheng Take Home Ivy Titles

Playing on the Upper and Lower Courses of the Baltusrol Golf Club in Springfield, N.J., this weekend, Cheng, a freshman on the Harvard women’s golf team, and Lederhausen, a senior on the men’s team, did what no pair of Crimson golfers has done before—win both the men’s and women’s individual titles at the Ivy League Championship.

Super Smasch
Women's Ice Hockey

Women's Hockey's NCAA Run Cut Short by Wisconsin

In its 10th program visit to the NCAA Tournament, the Crimson ended its season at the hands of No. 3/3 Wisconsin, 2-1, at LeBahn Arena in Madison, Wis.

Women's Ice Hockey

Women's Ice Hockey Contends For Title Without Stone

With a first round NCAA Tournament game on Saturday and an Ivy League crown under their belts, the women of the Crimson look as strong as ever.

Women's Hockey vs Yale
Women's Ice Hockey

Women's Hockey Advances to ECAC Semifinals

After 241 minutes of game time, the Crimson (23-5-4, 13-3-2 ECAC) and its depleted roster of just 17 players skated away with one loss, 3-2, and two wins, 3-2 and 4-0, against the Bulldogs (9-26-7, 6-11-7) in the ECAC Tournament quarterfinals.

Women's Ice Hockey

Women's Hockey Will Open Postseason Hosting Rival Yale

Just a week after leaving New Haven with a notch in the tie column, the No. 5 Harvard women’s ice hockey team will face Yale this weekend in the quarterfinals of the ECAC Women’s Hockey Tournament.

STANTING TALL
Football

Harvard-Yale 2014

Playing with the Rules
Scrutiny

Playing With The Rules

Highlight

Title IX Complaints in Higher Education

Art Museum Feature
Visual Arts

Newly Opened, Art Museums Prepare To Engage Undergrads