Crimson staff writer

Quynh-Nhu Le

Latest Content

College

Mather Tutor Will Advise First-Generation Students

Mather House has designated resident tutor Jason B. Munster ’07 to serve as the House’s first first-generation tutor, formalizing an advisory role that other tutors across the College have also played to address concerns of first-generation college students.

Richard W. Wrangham
College

Currier House Master Takes Spring Sabbatical

Remaining in residence in the House to author a book, Currier House Master Richard W. Wrangham said that co-master Elizabeth A. Ross will perform most formal House master duties.

Widener Sledding
College

On Rare Snow Day, Students Sled, Assist Dining Staff

Many Houses hosted their dining hall workers overnight, whether in House masters’ residences or on couches, and students enjoyed a rare day off from classes.

College

Amy Poehler Named Hasty Pudding’s 2015 Woman of the Year

Poehler, known for her comedic timing, acted as a cast member of the comedy show “Saturday Night Live” for many years and has recently received critical acclaim for her performance as idealistic female bureaucrat Leslie Knope on NBC’s “Parks and Recreation.”

Ferguson Protest
Student Life

Undergrad Arrested at Boston Protest of Ferguson Decision

According to Rachael C. Stein ’17, she had been at the front of the rally at the time of her arrest, facing police officers who blocked the protesters' entrance to Interstate 90 near South Station.

Ferguson Demonstration
Race

Students Take to Streets To Protest Ferguson Decision in City-Wide Rally

Dozens of Harvard students participated in the rally, both individually and in small groups, while others gathered on campus and in Memorial Church in solidarity with protesters in Ferguson, Mo.

College

Undergrads Welcome Obama Immigration Order with Reservations

Many Harvard students drew on personal experiences in the days following the announcement to argue that the new program will have a positive impact on undocumented students and families.

Town Hall HUHS Meeting
Undergraduate Council

UHS Will Maintain 24-Hour Urgent Care, Following Outcry

While Stillman is still slated to close in 2014, eliminating overnight respite beds, Barreira said that UHS will continue to offer in-person medical services such as triage, urgent care treatment, and on-site alcohol assessments at night.

iLab
Student Groups

i-lab Hosts Hackathon for Trans Issues

The teams of college students and community members from around New England participated in a “hackathon” aimed at generating technological solutions to issues facing the transgender community.

Stillman After Hours
College

Stillman Closure Prompts Concern As UHS Releases More Details

On Thursday, UHS Director Paul J. Barreira wrote in an email to the student body that UHS decided curtail urgent-care hours in order to expand same-day appointments and counseling and mental health services.

College

Sexual Climate Survey Used by Harvard May Become Nat'l Model

A month after administrators announced that Harvard was collaborating with peer institutions to create a sexual assault survey, experts say the survey may serve as a model for other institutions.

Stressed and Under Pressure
UHS

The State of the Student Body

While students applaud University-led efforts to bolster wellness resources, they struggle to fit them into a life filled with a constant buzz of anxiety—an indicator, student activists say, of the need for a broader cultural shift spearheaded by the student body.

Looking for Collaboration
Student Groups

LGBTQ Community Grapples with Inclusivity

While the evolution of LGBTQ groups on campus has provided students with an unprecedented number of ways to engage, this growth raises questions about the role of institutional support and the importance of collaboration across groups.

Sex Week
College

Lesbian Pornographer Shares Experiences During Sex Week

Jincey Lumpkin, BGLTQ activist, talked about her experience breaking into the porn industry as one of the first female pornographers to go mainstream.

College

Student-Led LGBTQ Photo Campaign and Fundraiser Launch

Campaign creators Curtis Lahaie and Kyle McFadden launched the photo gallery Monday, along with a social media campaign and a fundraiser for organizations working on LGBTQ-related concerns.

Black Lives Matter Protester
Race

Demonstrators Continue 'Black Lives Matter' Campaign in Central Square March

Harvard Stadium
Allston

Boston Olympic Bid Names Harvard Venues as Hosts for 10 Events

Conflict at the Scene
Crime

Med School Professor Dies After Brigham Shooting

"Shut It Down"
College

The Top 10 Stories of 2014