Crimson staff writer

Quynh-Nhu Le

Latest Content

Ferguson Protest
Student Life

Undergrad Arrested at Boston Protest of Ferguson Decision

According to Rachael C. Stein ’17, she had been at the front of the rally at the time of her arrest, facing police officers who blocked the protesters' entrance to Interstate 90 near South Station.

Ferguson Demonstration
Race

Students Take to Streets To Protest Ferguson Decision in City-Wide Rally

Dozens of Harvard students participated in the rally, both individually and in small groups, while others gathered on campus and in Memorial Church in solidarity with protesters in Ferguson, Mo.

College

Undergrads Welcome Obama Immigration Order with Reservations

Many Harvard students drew on personal experiences in the days following the announcement to argue that the new program will have a positive impact on undocumented students and families.

Town Hall HUHS Meeting
Undergraduate Council

UHS Will Maintain 24-Hour Urgent Care, Following Outcry

While Stillman is still slated to close in 2014, eliminating overnight respite beds, Barreira said that UHS will continue to offer in-person medical services such as triage, urgent care treatment, and on-site alcohol assessments at night.

iLab
Student Groups

i-lab Hosts Hackathon for Trans Issues

The teams of college students and community members from around New England participated in a “hackathon” aimed at generating technological solutions to issues facing the transgender community.

Stillman After Hours
College

Stillman Closure Prompts Concern As UHS Releases More Details

On Thursday, UHS Director Paul J. Barreira wrote in an email to the student body that UHS decided curtail urgent-care hours in order to expand same-day appointments and counseling and mental health services.

College

Sexual Climate Survey Used by Harvard May Become Nat'l Model

A month after administrators announced that Harvard was collaborating with peer institutions to create a sexual assault survey, experts say the survey may serve as a model for other institutions.

Stressed and Under Pressure
UHS

The State of the Student Body

While students applaud University-led efforts to bolster wellness resources, they struggle to fit them into a life filled with a constant buzz of anxiety—an indicator, student activists say, of the need for a broader cultural shift spearheaded by the student body.

Looking for Collaboration
Student Groups

LGBTQ Community Grapples with Inclusivity

While the evolution of LGBTQ groups on campus has provided students with an unprecedented number of ways to engage, this growth raises questions about the role of institutional support and the importance of collaboration across groups.

Sex Week
College

Lesbian Pornographer Shares Experiences During Sex Week

Jincey Lumpkin, BGLTQ activist, talked about her experience breaking into the porn industry as one of the first female pornographers to go mainstream.

College

Student-Led LGBTQ Photo Campaign and Fundraiser Launch

Campaign creators Curtis Lahaie and Kyle McFadden launched the photo gallery Monday, along with a social media campaign and a fundraiser for organizations working on LGBTQ-related concerns.

Carrying The Weight
Student Life

Students Shoulder Mattresses in Solidarity with Sexual Assault Victims

The day of action was sparked by the activism of Columbia University student Emma Sulkowicz, who has vowed to carry her dorm mattress for as long as the alleged perpetrator attends Columbia.

Health

Travel Restrictions Won’t Alter Affiliates’ Ebola Work

Several Harvard affiliates are leading the effort to combat Ebola, both in labs and on the ground, and Harvard's new travel restrictions are unlikely to affect their work.

BGLTQ Groups
Student Groups

Queer Groups Formed for Graduate Students and Staff

Two new queer groups were formed this fall to better serve and unite the non-undergraduate BGLTQ community.

Rape Culture
Lowell

Students Criticize Sexual Assault Policy, Final Club Culture

Students advocated for a more victim-centric handling process of sexual assault cases and debated safe social spaces on campus in an intimate discussion about sexual assault and rape Thursday evening.

Eldo Kim
Crime

News Analysis: Could Eldo Kim Return to Harvard?

Protestors on Mass Ave
Race

Seen and Heard: Harvard's March Through Cambridge

OKWELOGU
Track and Cross Country

Decorated Thrower Looks To Continue Success

Protest
Columns

Reconstruction 3.0