Crimson staff writer

Quynh-Nhu Le

Latest Content

BGLTQ Groups
Student Groups

Queer Groups Formed for Graduate Students and Staff

Two new queer groups were formed this fall to better serve and unite the non-undergraduate BGLTQ community.

Rape Culture
Lowell

Students Criticize Sexual Assault Policy, Final Club Culture

Students advocated for a more victim-centric handling process of sexual assault cases and debated safe social spaces on campus in an intimate discussion about sexual assault and rape Thursday evening.

Student Groups

Affiliates Laud Same-Sex Marriage Decision

The Court on Monday upheld appeals court rulings that struck down gay marriage bans in five states—Indiana, Oklahoma, Utah, Virginia, and Wisconsin.

Boston Strong for Hong Kong
College

Affiliates Wear Yellow in Solidarity with Hong Kong Protesters

The action was originally conceived by Heather L. Pickerell ’15 as a chance for those on Harvard’s campus to raise awareness about the protests.

Tobacco-Free Signs
College

Month in, Yard Official Says Smoking Ban Implementation Smooth

The manager of Harvard Yard said she has not heard any reports about hostile or uncooperative responses from either students or tourists.

Politics

BGLTQ Activist Calls for Move Beyond Marriage Equality

BGLTQ activist Aisha C. Moodie-Mills said that in order to attain true equality, priorities in the movement must shift towards recognizing and addressing issues of race and class.

Tobacco-Free Signs
Health

Harvard Yard Goes Tobacco-Free

The use of all forms of tobacco—including cigarettes, cigars, e-cigarettes, and smokeless tobacco products—has been banned in Harvard Yard.

Dare to Dye
Summer Postcards 2014

Dare to Dye

Dare to Dye
Highlight

Dare to Dye

Sometimes, being abroad isn’t so much about experiencing new things. It’s about being daring enough to do all the things that you didn’t let yourself do when you were at home.

Finding the "Authentic"
Op-Eds

Finding the "Authentic"

Finding the "Authentic"
Summer Postcards 2014

Finding the 'Authentic'

But aren't they doing just what I am: trying to find “the exotic”? What to me is remarkable is to those around me just life.

Jasanoff
Commencement

Sheila S. Jasanoff '64, Professor at Harvard Kennedy School

Although Jasanoff said that her career trajectory has been propelled by the “accidental convergence” of opportunities, her friends and family credit her personal and professional success to her kind, pragmatic personality and her creative, adaptive mind.

Homophobia and ROTC Debated, 1964
On Campus

LBGTQ Students, Supporters Addressed Homophobia

The 1988-1989 school year was marked by a series of controversies over queer issues, which ranged from an alleged assault of a gay student to a renewed debate over ROTC on campus.

The Cons of Being Asian American
Admissions

Do Admissions Officers Discriminate Against Asian Americans?

There are two very well-known facts about highly-selective admissions among Asian American applicants: 1) Asian American applicants and admittances, on average, score higher on the SAT than students from any other race. 2) While the percentage of students belonging to most other racial minorities in highly selective colleges have gone up over the years, the percentage of Asian-American students has not.

Sexual Assault Meeting
GSAS

Graduate Students Form Coalition Against Sexual Assault

Members of a recently formed coalition to address sexual assault at Harvard gathered Tuesday evening to craft their group’s name, mission statement, and plan of action.

Free Time
Columns

In Search of Lost Time

Photo Man
Ivy League

Beyond The Silver Screen

Larry, In His Element
Scrutiny

Professor Summers

Data Sculpture
Visual Arts

Painting by the Numbers: Data Visualization