Crimson staff writer

Quynh-Nhu Le

Latest Content

House Life

Ahead of Policy Change, All Houses Offer Mixed-Gender Suites

The policy change, which came after students lobbied for the effort, will officially take effect with the spring’s upcoming rooming lotteries, according to Associate Dean of Student Life William Cooper ’94.

College

Winthrop and Currier To Provide Off-Site Summer Storage

Winthrop House and Currier House will provide students with free off-site storage for this summer due to construction projects that will limit storage space traditionally offered on-site.

Winthrop Site Plan
College

Winthrop Affiliates Excited About Renewal Possibilities

Preliminary renewal plans were well-received by Winthrop affiliates who said they look forward to expanded student housing and social space.

House Life

Mather Hosts Reception for Two Art Installations

This exhibit is part of a project called “Mather Build,” which was celebrated in conjunction with the student photo campaign “In The Making” at a reception in Mather House’s Three Columns Gallery on Wednesday evening.

Gore Hall Addition
College

Winthrop Renewal Plans Include Addition to Gore Hall

Renewal plans for Winthrop House, which is slated for renovation in 2016-2017, include a five-story addition to Gore Hall on Mill Street.

Alpha Phi
College

Sororities Extend Bids to Record 215 Women

Harvard sororities hold "bid day" despite snow, extending bids to 215 women.

Hasty Pudding Man of the Year 2015
Theater

Chris Pratt Honored as Hasty Pudding Theatricals' Man of the Year

Actor Chris Pratt displayed good humor and versatility Friday night at Farkas Hall, chopping wood with his forehead and performing a lap dance as he was honored and roasted as the Hasty Pudding Theatricals’ Man of the Year.

College

Record 280 Women Enter Shortened Rush

A record 280 women will seek entrance to Harvard’s four sorority chapters in a redesigned, shorter rush process starting Thursday.

Super Bowl XLIX at Adams
College

Students Watch Patriots Victory at Campus Viewing Parties

Students huddled around TVs and projectors across campus Sunday night to snack on free wings and watch the New England Patriots beat the Seattle Seahawks 28-24.

College

Mather Tutor Will Advise First-Generation Students

Mather House has designated resident tutor Jason B. Munster ’07 to serve as the House’s first first-generation tutor, formalizing an advisory role that other tutors across the College have also played to address concerns of first-generation college students.

Richard W. Wrangham
College

Currier House Master Takes Spring Sabbatical

Remaining in residence in the House to author a book, Currier House Master Richard W. Wrangham said that co-master Elizabeth A. Ross will perform most formal House master duties.

Widener Sledding
College

On Rare Snow Day, Students Sled, Assist Dining Staff

Many Houses hosted their dining hall workers overnight, whether in House masters’ residences or on couches, and students enjoyed a rare day off from classes.

College

Amy Poehler Named Hasty Pudding’s 2015 Woman of the Year

Poehler, known for her comedic timing, acted as a cast member of the comedy show “Saturday Night Live” for many years and has recently received critical acclaim for her performance as idealistic female bureaucrat Leslie Knope on NBC’s “Parks and Recreation.”

Ferguson Protest
Student Life

Undergrad Arrested at Boston Protest of Ferguson Decision

According to Rachael C. Stein ’17, she had been at the front of the rally at the time of her arrest, facing police officers who blocked the protesters' entrance to Interstate 90 near South Station.

Ferguson Demonstration
Race

Students Take to Streets To Protest Ferguson Decision in City-Wide Rally

Dozens of Harvard students participated in the rally, both individually and in small groups, while others gathered on campus and in Memorial Church in solidarity with protesters in Ferguson, Mo.

Kaledora Kiernan-Linn
College

The Dropouts

Snow on Plympton
College

More Snow Looming, College Alters Dining Schedule

Divest Harvard Rally
Central Administration

After 24-Hour Sit-In, Divest Harvard Protesters Leave Mass. Hall

COVER PHOTO
College

#blacklivesmatter