Cambridge Public Schools Closed Tuesday for Snowstorm

Judge Dismisses Lawsuit Filed by Families Over Harvard Medical School Morgue Theft

Harvard Announces Andrew Aurich as Next Football Head Coach

More Than 30 Harvard Students Hunger Strike for 12 Hours in Solidarity With Brown Protesters

Pro-Palestine Organizers Slam Harvard’s ‘Repression’ of Student Protest in Sunday Rally

Cambridge Public Schools will be closed Tuesday due to the expected heavy snowfall.
Cambridge Public Schools will be closed Tuesday due to the expected heavy snowfall. By Joey Huang
By Darcy G Lin and Emily T. Schwartz, Crimson Staff Writers

Cambridge Public Schools will be closed tomorrow in anticipation of Tuesday’s snow storm, according to Cambridge Public Schools spokesperson Sujata Wycoff.

The snow storm, which is predicted to be the heaviest snowfall in Boston for over two years, will arrive early Tuesday morning, with heaviest snowfall expected in the late morning and throughout the afternoon.

“Cambridge Public Schools considers several factors when making a decision about closing schools due to inclement weather, namely the severity of the storm and its timing, which have the potential of impacting the safe transportation of our students as well as our staff,” Wycoff wrote in a statement.

“The district also consults with the City of Cambridge and other municipal partners prior to making a decision,” she added.

Due to substantial snowfall, with some forecasts expecting eight to 12 inches in the Boston area, visibility when traveling is expected to be poor.

CPS’ decision comes hours after Boston Mayor Michelle Wu ’07 declared a snow emergency beginning at 10 p.m. Monday and announced that Boston’s public schools will be closed on Tuesday.

—Staff writer Darcy G Lin can be reached at darcy.lin@thecrimson.com.

—Staff writer Emily T. Schwartz can be reached at emily.schwartz@thecrimson.com. Follow her on X @EmilySchwartz37.

Cambridge City CouncilCambridge SchoolsCambridgeBostonMetroWeatherFront Middle FeatureFeatured Articles