Checking In On Our Favorite Harvard-Related Social Media Sites

•
300px-twitter_logosvg
300px-twitter_logosvg

The crop of Harvard-related social media sites seems to grow by the day. From the Tumblr devoted to HUDS Haikus to I Saw You Harvard, these blogs and webpages run the gamut from poetic to stalker-ish. Here’s a roundup of a few of the notable ones.

On Twitter:

Parody accounts to the max. According to the imaginations of the students behind these accounts, the thoughts of administrators like Freshman Dean Thomas A. Dingman '67 and President Drew G. Faust and statistics professors Joseph K. Blitzstein and Michael I. Parzen center around “boozin',” rap music, and stat-related pick up lines. Yeah, apparently they’re a thing.

More entertaining than all of these was the short-lived @HarvardProbz, which ran for a few weeks last winter, accurately identifying many “problems” Harvard students face—from being photographed during Primal Scream to shoeless people in Lamont. Perhaps this is one account that someone should revive.

On Tumblr:

Sleeping at Lamont, Sh*t Harvard Students Say, and What Should H Call Me are a few Harvard-related tumblrs, though all three now seem to be mostly dormant. What’s up with that? How else are we going to share our great picture of the obnoxious kid from section spotted drooling in an armchair in Lamont Café? Calling all freshmen: let’s bring these back.

On Facebook:

The already-reviewed Harvard Crushes, Harvard Confessions, and Crimson Compliments live on and live strong—okay, one of them does. Harvard Crushes has grown to be the most popular of these three Harvard Facebook pages, with posts ranging from the adorable to the incredibly sketchy.

CollegeOn CampusFlyby Campus

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.