This Week at Harvard: July 27 to August 2

•
Jenny S. Quigley-Jones and Jordan E. Quigley-Jones dance during the "Salsa en la Plaza" social event hosted by Harvard Common Spaces on Thursday evening.
Jenny S. Quigley-Jones and Jordan E. Quigley-Jones dance during the "Salsa en la Plaza" social event hosted by Harvard Common Spaces on Thursday evening. By Melanie Y. Fu

Hello, Harvard—you might, like us, be getting ready for summer to come to a close, but another summer week awaits. Take advantage of it and do something cool or off-beat while you have the time.

IN THE ATMOSPHERE

This week will be hot, hot, hot! Temperatures should be in the high 80s and low 90s all week, with some possible thunderstorms coming our way tomorrow. Luckily, you can get your tan or swim on this weekend with sunny skies.

IN THE NEWS

Rothenberg, Longtime Corporation Member, Dies at 69

James Rothenberg ’68, a member of the Harvard Corporation, died last Tuesday of a heart attack at 69. On Tuesday afternoon, Rothenberg’s many friends across the University were reeling at the news.

Widener Will Extend Hours for CS50

The 100-year-old library will stay open until midnight on weekdays this upcoming fall and spring, partly to host office hours for the popular course Computer Science 50.

EVENTS

Wednesday

Boston’s Seaport Hotel is hosting a showcase of local startups from 6 to 8 p.m. Stop by One Seaport Lane to meet entrepreneurs from 128 new local companies; you can register for free online.

Thursday

Harvard Hillel is hosting a Summer BBQ from 6 to 8 p.m. Come to enjoy a free meal, with kosher and vegetarian options available.

Friday

The Lawn on D is hosting a Latin Mix-meets-Top 40” dance party from 6 to 9 p.m. It’s free.

Sunday

There’s a vintage Roaring Twenties Lawn Party at Castle Hill on the Crane Estate from 3 to 8 p.m. Stop by the Ipswich estate to enjoy vintage-style food, music, and dancing; tickets are for sale on the event’s website.

EventsFlyby BlogSummerFlyby CampusHarvard Today

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.