Contributor

Sebastian A Cruz

Latest Content

Synthesis: The Future of Biotech

Stanford University Professor of Bioengineering Dr. Christina D. Smolke delivers the Neekeyfar Lecture on Math and Science entitled "Synthetic Biology: The Next Generation of Biotechnology" on Friday at the Science Center. Her enthusiasm for and breadth of knowledge about the future of scientific research were evident in her talk.

Trouncing Torture and Terrorism

Ben Emmerson QC, UN Special Rapporteur on Counter-Terrorism and Human Rights, describes the obstacles he currently faces to his mandate from the United Nations, which is to assess human rights conditions through investigation and reporting. He spoke about counter-terrorism strategies, the accountability of US government officials in the cases of targeted killing, torture, rendition, and secret detention, as well as the stances taken on these issues by the candidates in the upcoming US Presidential Election.

The Latino Voter

Nina Perales, Director of Litigation for MALDEF, examines the current status of voting rights through her own casework on Thursday at the Harvard Law School. Her discussion included many facets of voting rights, including redistricting, identification requirements, and the protection of minority voting rights.

Pottery Pro

William S. Murphy '13 ponders ceramics, romance, and life at Harvard. He cheerfully reminisced about the past three years, while looking forward to what the future holds.

Radcliffe Crew Prepares for 2012 Head of the Charles Regatta

After a second-place finish at last year's Head of the Charles, Radcliffe crew is awaiting its chance for redemption this Sunday in the 48th anniversary of the regatta. Coach Liz O'Leary is using these last days to prepare her team for the three-mile race on the Charles River. Radcliffe teammates are primed for competition and motivated by the whole spirit of the regatta.

Office of BGLTQ Student Life Director Van Bailey and a group of students hold Morning Celebrations for National Coming Out Day at the Memorial Hall Lawn on Thursday. They cheerfully demonstrated support and advocacy for National Coming Out Day.