Pardon the Collaboration

Looking for the Stories Beyond the Box Scores

December 17, 2014

Then-co-captain Brandyn Curry had stood up in the locker room, turned to his teammates, and raised his voice.

Read more

PARDON THE COLLABORATION: A Rough Year So Far For Yale Football

September 26, 2012

It all started last year when then-star quarterback Patrick Witt became the poster boy for what is right in college athletics when he was forced to decide between playing in the Harvard-Yale game or attending his final interview for the Rhodes scholarship. Eager to ride the wave, former Bulldog coach Tom Williams spoke at length of his own Rhodes candidacy as a player at Stanford who was faced with the decision of attending an NFL tryout or his own final interview. As Williams told it, he chose football over the prestigious scholarship and his quarterback, Witt, followed suit.

Read more

Questions Abound for Men's Basketball

September 13, 2012

The foundation of the 2011-12 team that won the Ivy League championship and made Harvard’s first NCAA Tournament appearance since 1946 is gone. Last year’s co-captains, Keith Wright ’12 and Oliver McNally ’12, graduated alongside classmate Andrew Van Nest ’12. Sharpshooter Corbin Miller departed for a two-year Mormon mission, and highly touted recruit Max Hooper transferred to Saint John’s. The Crimson expected Harvard-Westlake’s Zena Edosomwan, the highest-rated recruit ever to commit to an Ivy League school, to offset some of this attrition, but after failing to meet Harvard’s Academic Index requirements, Edosomwan returned for one more year of high school and plans to join the Class of 2017.

Read more