The Best of Flyby 2023

By Monica Zheng

How do you measure a year in a life? In daylights, in sunsets, in… Flyby articles? The year has truly flown by and now that we’re nearing the end of 2023, let’s do a quick Flyby Wrapped of our favorite Flyby moments.

Flyby vs. Mice

It’s an ongoing battle and I don’t think we’ve gone a year without hearing about yet another crazy encounter between Flyby writers and a type of rodent. We don’t think we can ever get over Janani Sekar’s story of a mouse leaving, *ahem*, “black sesame seeds” on her bed. A month later, Katharina A. Ravichandran blessed us with a comprehensive guide on the most and least effective ways to combat a mouse. So next time you’ve got a furry critter in your dorm, Flyby’s got you covered!

Flyby Offers Advice

In addition to the lovely ~advice column~ we added to our Blog this year, Flyby offered great advice addressing all of your concerns. Such as whether or not you should drop one of your classes, or how to spend your BoardPlus. We also gave great suggestions to our Class of 2027 on things to do during Visitas that’s not on the programming. Congrats on finishing your first semester, by the way! Why don’t you avoid the unavoidable freshman fall existential crisis by going through the things on this list again and reminiscing about being accepted to Harvard without actually having experienced Harvard yet.

Finally, as a NYC girlie, please read through J.J. Moore’s lovely advice on how to walk faster. This is specifically targeted towards people who walk really slowly in the middle of the sidewalk (of all places!). At least let me walk around you if you’re going to walk that slow. I’ve got places to be (my bed) and people to see (Tom Blyth’s picture on my bedroom wall).

Flyby Predicts

Looking back on our last year’s Yardfest predictions, we truly had high hopes for this school. But new year, new Yardfest. Manifesting Taylor Swift, once again.

PSA: Flyby Reminds You Once Again…

That we have an art museum on campus. Want to romanticize a light academia lifestyle after seeing Yale’s buildings compared to our red brick ones? We can help.

Flyby Is Confused

I didn’t even know they could change course registration more after killing off Shopping Week like that. Although the academic gods have blessed me with all the classes I want (yes, this is a flex), I’m still not sure if I like this new system. Let’s talk about it again.

Flyby in Print

A monumental step as Flyby goes in print! And again! And a third! That’s right y’all, Flyby became a little less digitally exclusive this year.

Flyby Cries a Little

It’s been a year of ups and downs. We’ve laughed, we’ve loved, and we’ve left the old days behind. Reflect with us on the things we’ve missed at Harvard (and will miss during this winter break). Also, as the class of 2024 approaches their last semester, let’s cry, once again, while reading this Open Letter to the Class of 2023.

And with that, another year is in the books. As a parting gift, I will equip you with Flyby’s comprehensive list of student affirmations that you can repeat to yourself as you struggle through Finals Week. Flyby wishes you a happy, happy new year and manifests a great spring semester to you all (or at least the best it can be in the frigid New England winter that awaits us).

FeaturesFlyby BlogFlyby Front FeatureFlyby FrontFeatures and Series

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.