Crimson staff writer

Anna C Santoleri

Latest Content

Food and Drink

Image

College

Image

A little-known occupant of the Adams House basement, this manual printing press is available to students and faculty alike on Thursday evenings during Open Press Nights.

Chilean President
IOP

Chilean President

Despite recent protests about his new policy to privatize education, the Chilean President H.E. Sebastián Piñera delivered an optimistic speech about the future of Chile's education system. In addition, he spoke of the Chilean economy, its international initiatives, and his times as a Harvard graduate student studying Economics.

Chilean President
IOP

Chilean President

Chilean President H.E. Sebastián Piñera awaits the question of Francisco Maneses, a Chilean graduate student at Harvard. President Piñera is a graduate of Harvard himself, having received a M.A. and Ph.D. in Economics.

Quincy

Today in Photos (9/11/11)

On Campus

Image

Robert K. Nishihara '13 and Yiren Lu '13 take advantage of the last glimmer of summer and enjoy the slip n' slide at Cape Crimson, this year's student welcome event.

Fish
Boston

Fish

These red snappers lie in a 2.5-foot by 10-foot vat of ice, waiting for frugal shoppers to purchase them.

Fruits
Boston

Fruits

By sunset when the market closes, most of these fruits will be gone. The rest will be haggled off at a lower price than they were originally sold for.

Goat Meat
Boston

Goat Meat

At one Haymarket shop, fresh goat meat is sold.

Child in Basket
Boston

Child in Basket

A child sits in a shopping basket and looks on while her caretaker barters with the shopkeeper.

Grapes
Boston

Grapes

Grapes sell for half as much as the wholesale price at this stand.

Middle Eastern Stand
Boston

Middle Eastern Stand

This street vendor’s wares include an interesting mixture of bags of bell peppers, nuts, and Middle Eastern candies.

Crying Child
Boston

Crying Child

A child cries as his caretaker shops for vegetables among the stands at Haymarket.

Stands
Boston

Stands

The stands of Haymarket push right up to surrounding Middle Eastern shops and fisheries, creating a loud, crowded, and lively environment.

Fish
Boston

Boston Haymarket

Free Time
Columns

In Search of Lost Time

Photo Man
Ivy League

Beyond The Silver Screen

Larry, In His Element
Scrutiny

Professor Summers

Data Sculpture
Visual Arts

Painting by the Numbers: Data Visualization