Crimson staff writer

Se-Ho B. Kim

Latest Content

Drake- If You're Reading This It's Too Late
Music

'If You're Reading This It's Too Late' A Missive From On High

“If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late” is Drake internalizing his and trying to balance his widespread fame with his longing for a sense of identity

Film

'Jupiter Ascending' a Flop

Though the Wachowskis may yet release a movie that rivals their previous filmography in complexity and mesmerism, “Jupiter Ascending” is an unoriginal attempt to release a more palatable film, which, to Wachowski fans, may be the hardest part to stomach.

weezer-pinkerton-cover
Music

For the Record: Weezer, 'Pinkerton'

Sure, I can claim with confidence that it’s wrong to exoticize Japanese girls. But is it wrong to admit that sometimes you hate yourself because you find yourself doing it? And is it wrong to find that kind of relatable?

Brian Vanity Portrait
Vanity

Fifteen Most Hottest Freshmen

The Crimson presents the most anticipated feature of the year. Who makes the list this time?

aphex-twin-promo
Music

Hear Me Out: Aphex Twin, 'minipops 67 [120.2] [source field mix]'

"minipops 67" showcases Aphex Twin’s often overlooked ear for harmony while breathing life into an upcoming album that now promises to stay true to his discography.

lefse-space-project-cover
Music

"Space Project" Showcases Stellar Songwriting

As far as collaborative albums go, “The Space Project” is a fairly disjointed one, but the album revels in this multifaceted soundscape, turning its diffuse style into its greatest strength.

mac demarco salad days cover
Music

DeMarco Leaves His “Salad Days” Behind

In a way, DeMarco has found his comfort zone. The 11 tracks on “Salad Days” serve as mile markers on a circular track, marking musical growth and exploration but ultimately lacking the dynamicism to capture the listener’s attention for any significant period of time.

Adams Picture
Music

Artistic Appraisals: A Housing Day Video Critique

Arts Blog presents a pretentious analytical examination of the Housing Day videos, complete with stylistic comparisons to famed directors.

Cibo Matto promo
Music

Catching Up With Cibo Matto

Cibo Matto founders Miho Hatori and Yuka C. Honda sat down with The Crimson to talk about their band, their influences, and their new album.

Arts

Image

Music

Art or Not Art?

Incoming Music executive Se-Ho B. Kim discusses New York City, "Evan Almighty," razed sculptures, and your lips. Art or not art?

Music

"Mathers LP 2" is When Eminem Collapses

As always, Eminem is furious and unforgiving, taking pride in his willingness to spit lines that other rappers wouldn’t dare say. But on “The Marshall Mathers LP 2,” he begins to move away from lyricism in exchange for wordy tripe and shock value.

Music

Mixtape: Spooky Sad (2/2)

Remember mixtapes? Crimson Arts does. Welcome to our biweekly feature, where we create mixtapes for every emotion and every season—for breakups, breakdowns, and breakdancing. This week our mixtape is a two-part feature dedicated to all the creepy crawlies you may encouter this Halloween.

Music

Best Coast "Fade" Into Disappointing Territory

The biggest misstep of “Fade Away” is moving away from Best Coast’s formula for success. This seems to be a conscientious decision on the part of Cosentino and Bobb Bruno. However, it bogs down the carefree spirit that marked their earlier work.

SOCH Recording Studio
Music

The Silent Studios

Six years after its opening, the SOCH recording studio has fallen into disuse. Despite its goal of unifying campus musicians, the musical community at Harvard is as incohesive as it was when the space first opened. What happened to the studio and the vision that inspired it?

9/11 Memorial
College

Boots on the Ground: ROTC at Harvard

Kaledora Kiernan-Linn
College

The Dropouts

Snow on Plympton
College

More Snow Looming, College Alters Dining Schedule

Divest Harvard Rally
Central Administration

After 24-Hour Sit-In, Divest Harvard Protesters Leave Mass. Hall