Here’s How Many Harvard Affiliates Have Tested Positive for COVID-19

Harvard and the City of Cambridge have reported out daily COVID-19 data. Here's what it shows.
By Crimson News Staff

The University has put in place a series of measures to minimize the spread of COVID-19 on campus, including weekly testing for many affiliates.
The University has put in place a series of measures to minimize the spread of COVID-19 on campus, including weekly testing for many affiliates. By Zadoc I.N. Gee

As students, faculty, and staff trickle back to campus, Harvard has set up a testing apparatus aimed at stopping the spread of coronavirus. Students living in campus housing have to get tested three times each week; most other affiliates have to get tested once a week.

Still, there are some factors Harvard can’t entirely account for, including the hundreds of students moving into off-campus housing in Cambridge and Boston over the next several weeks. At other colleges and universities across the country, off-campus housing has been the locus of several COVID-19 outbreaks, in some cases causing schools to shift their reopening plans entirely online. It remains unclear whether those students will cause a rise in Cambridge’s case count.

Below is a summary of the data Harvard and the city of Cambridge have reported about test results in the area.

Last updated on December 5, 2020 at 10:18 a.m.

By Michelle G. Kurilla
HealthCambridgeUniversityFront FeatureMetroFeatured ArticlesCoronavirus Main Feature
: