A Harvard Final Club Temporarily Moved to a Residential Area. Neighbors Aren’t Happy.

The Fox Club is temporarily located at 6 Francis Ave. Its building on 44 JFK St. is currently being renovated.
The Fox Club is temporarily located at 6 Francis Ave. Its building on 44 JFK St. is currently being renovated. By Emily L. Ding
By Madeleine A. Hung and Joyce E. Kim, Crimson Staff Writers

After the Fox Club moved to a residential neighborhood as its clubhouse undergoes construction, some of their new neighbors have alleged zoning violations, improper property use, and noise disturbances into the night.

The complaints come two months after the Fox Club moved to a new location at 6 Francis Ave., a residential neighborhood in Cambridge. Its building in Harvard Square, at 44 JFK St., is currently being renovated.

Following the move, residents in the neighborhood allege that the club has thrown rowdy parties on weekdays and weekends that have caused noise disturbances. On Feb. 1 and Feb. 18., police officers were called to the Fox’s temporary residence over noise complaints from neighbors.

A representative for the Fox Club could not be reached for comment on Friday.

One neighbor, Sara Hunter, penned an open letter in February alleging the Fox Club threw two to three parties each week that resulted in noise disturbances until at least 1:30 a.m. The letter, which was circulated to members of the neighborhood, claimed that the Fox violated parking zones, served alcohol to minors, and had “unmanaged and overflowing” trash.

In her letter, Hunter urged neighbors to call the non-emergency police line to report noise complaints and the City of Cambridge Inspectional Services Department to request the removal of a tent and outdoor electrical equipment belonging to the final club, and allege that the club is in violation of zoning laws.

“Unless the zoning is enforced, there could be more fraternities and businesses beside YOU!” Hunter wrote in the letter.

It was unclear if any formal complaints were filed against the Fox with the ISD. As of Wednesday, the department said it did not have any records of inspections or warnings issued to the address currently occupied by the Fox.

Residents of Francis Ave. and Irving St. declined to be interviewed for this article.

—Staff writer Madeleine A. Hung can be reached at madeleine.hung@thecrimson.com.

—Staff writer Joyce E. Kim can be reached at joyce.kim@thecrimson.com. Follow her on X at @joycekim324.

CollegeStudent GroupsStudent LifeCollege LifeCambridgeFinal ClubsMetroFront Photo FeatureFeatured Articles