Burst the Bubble: Oct. 11 - Oct. 14

•
The SoWa Open Market is so cool!
The SoWa Open Market is so cool! By Chyi-Dean Shu

Welcome to the midpoint of the semester! Your motivation is dropping faster than the temperature, you contracted a cold just in time for your third midterm of the week, and the rainy weather is starting to irk you as much as that one section kid. As you lament the amount of Boardplus you’ve managed to spend on caffeine recently, you receive a message from your favorite pset buddy: “It’s a three-day weekend baby!” An opportunity to procrastinate, relax, explore Boston, and procrastinate some more? Count us in! Check out what Boston has to offer this weekend.

Friday:

MIT Energy Night @ the MIT Museum

Nothing better to burst the Harvard bubble than to head next door to MIT, right? This will be the 13th annual MIT Energy Night, a free public event at the MIT Museum that will include more than 50 interactive presentations on the latest innovation in energy. Though the event takes place from 7-9:30 p.m., plan on arriving early for food and conversation! Heck, bring your pset buddy along, explore the MIT Museum, and engage with industry leaders — all without crossing the river. What a productively unrelated-to-Harvard Friday night.

Saturday:

New England Chocolate Festival @ Boston Center for the Arts

You’ve had enough of the chocolate bars in Lamont, and now it’s time for some of the really good stuff. Head over to the Cyclorama at the Boston Center for the Arts for Saturday’s “Chocolate Pavillion,” which will feature more than 40 chocolatiers selling (and giving out samples of) their quality chocolates between 10 a.m. on Saturday and 6 p.m. on Sunday. Life is like a box of chocolates, so reserve a ticket on the website and make this weekend one to remember!

Sunday:

SoWa Open Market

Ah, yes, the classic South of Washington Open Market. This Boston favorite celebrates local art, music, and food every Sunday between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. at the SoWa art and design district in South End. With its family-friendly vibes and emphasis on the makers of Boston, SoWa Open Market has you covered. Whether you’re in an art gallery mood or sick of the sound of your alarm being the only music stuck in your head, this event is for you!

Monday:

Day of Free Admission @ Institute of Contemporary Art

The Institute of Contemporary Art will make sure this special day off doesn’t go to waste by offering a day of free admission! Open from 10 a.m.-5 p.m., the ICA will be featuring a short film program for Indigenous Peoples’ Day, artmaking in the Art Lab, and tickets for Japanese contemporary art icon Yayoi Kusama’s largest Infinity Mirror Room, “Love is Calling.” Not sure what an infinity mirror room is? Head to the ICA on Monday to find out.

We all deserve a break here and there, and these next few days are the perfect opportunity. Your pset buddy said it best … It’s a three-day weekend baby!

Flyby BlogFlyby FrontHow to Harvard

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.