5 Essential Apps for Visitas

•
By Angel Zhang

Ready to visit and witness firsthand the transformative experience Harvard can offer but unsure of where to start? Worry not; fitting in is as easy as downloading these five apps on your phone.

GroupMe

If you’re not already juggling 10 different GroupMe chats, then you’re behind. Bring out the overachiever in you and start joining those group chats like your social life depends on it (because, let’s face it, it probably does).

Passio GO!

The true Harvard experience is whining about a 20-minute walk, so much so that this app was born. Harvard’s shuttle tracking app will save your calves if you decide to be adventurous and embark on a pilgrimage to the SEC or Quad. Perhaps you can go see for yourself if the Quad renaissance did, in fact, happen. Plus figuring out how to use the app will be an ego boost.

Uber/Lyft

If you fail to figure out the Passio GO! app, you will have no other options but to walk (eww) or order a rideshare. Rides can be pricey, so it is best to have both to compare prices. If you also have a fear of getting lost on the T, this is the best option to go explore more of the Boston area. The shuttles also don’t run through the night, so save yourself the trouble of downloading both these apps instead of desperately downloading at 2 a.m.

LinkedIn

The only way to reach 500+ connections is to start early, and Visitas is the perfect timing. Network with everyone who knows the next Zuckerberg could be in a sleeping bag sharing floor space with you. You can even become the next LinkedIn influencer and constantly annoy all your connections with essay-long posts.

Gmail

The perfect app to pretend you are busy while waiting for someone. Not only can you give off the impression that you're a busy and important person, but you can also be ~productive~ and finally respond to that email you’ve been avoiding for weeks. And if that wasn’t enough to make you want to download this app, you can also sign up for Harvard Today — dare I say, the funniest and most informative daily newsletter out there. Who needs to actually attend Harvard when you can stay up-to-date with everything happening here from the comfort of your own phone?

On a more serious note, I hope you have a great time visiting Harvard, and remember that whatever decision you make, you should be proud of yourself for all that you've accomplished.

FeaturesFlyby BlogVisitasFeatures and Series

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.