Nazc-a-ru H Gonzalez

On Campus

Week in Photos: Arts (04/20/2011)

Practice Makes Perfect
Football

Practice Makes Perfect

The Harvard football team played its annual spring intrasquad game on Saturday at Harvard Stadium. The defense, wearing white jerseys, was first to score thanks to a blocked punt attempt. Sophomore quarterback Colton Chapple led the offense to the come-from-behind win, 14-7.

On Campus

Image

Antonio Douthit, Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater company member, teaches a master class in Horton technique at the Harvard Dance Center.

IOP

Image

John McConnell, speechwriter for George W. Bush and Dick Cheney, describes his experiences working in the White House and offers tips for writing a successful speech in a discussion with students at the Institute of Politics yesterday.

On Campus

Today in Photos (04/20/11)

China Rights Lawyer Panel
Harvard Law School

China Rights Lawyer Panel

At the Harvard Law School, a number of China academics, Chinese dissidents, and NGO directors, discussed the recent spate of abductions and disappearances of rights lawyers.

China Rights Lawyer Panel
College

Today in Photos (4/15/11)

Iraq

Image

At a Kennedy School panel, Michael Luongo, acclaimed gay journalist and NYU professor, describes the LGBQT human rights situation in Iraq. Passing as a Lebanese man, he snuck into gay venues that American journalists had never seen before.

Baseball

Today in Photos (04/13/11)

Annenberg Top Chef
Food and Drink

Annenberg Top Chef

Freshmen, using ingredients only available in the dining hall, compete to see who has the most culinary creativity, in Annenberg's Top Chef: competitors had 30 minutes to dish out a main course and a dessert entree.

Annenberg Top Chef
Music

Today in Photos (4/7/11)

Arts

Image

Brigid Maher discusses the inspiration for her documentary “Veiled Voices,” a look into the public and private roles of women in Islamic culture.

On Campus

Today in Photos (04/06/11)

Disability, Race Discussed
Harvard Law School

Disability, Race Discussed

A multidisciplinary panel discussion addresses issues at the intersection of disability and race ranging from education, poverty, housing, economic opportunity, and civil rights.

Grendel's Pub 40th Anniversary Bash
Men's Crew

Today in Photos (04/01/11)

House Art Cover Wallpaper
Visual Arts

Art House

Youth Homelessness in the Square
Harvard Square

For Homeless Youth, Age Can Compound Challenges of Life on the Streets

On Year Later: Boston Marathon Bombings
Boston Marathon

VIDEO: Looking Back One Year Later, Harvard Affiliates Prepare to Return to Finish Line

Johnston Gate Arts Cover
Arts

Rebuilding the Past: Harvard's Beautification Renaissance