Crimson staff writer

George J Lok

Latest Content

Deval Patrick Receives a Standing Ovation
On Campus

Former Massachusetts Governor Deval L. Patrick '78 receives a standing ovation after delivering the 2015 Commencement address.

Deval Patrick
On Campus

Deval Patrick

Former Massachusetts Governor Deval L. Patrick '78 speaks about activism and encourages students to feel "uneasy" about problems facing society in his afternoon Commencement address on Thursday.

Faust Speaks at Afternoon Exercises
On Campus

Faust Speaks at Afternoon Exercises

University President Drew G. Faust speaks at Commencement Day's Afternoon Exercises about the distrust of institutions of higher learning.

Non-Ladder Faculty
College

Non-Ladder Faculty

2015 Class Photo
On Campus

2015 Class Photo

Members of the class of 2015 line up on the steps of Widener Library for their class photo.

Hymn at PBK
College

Commencement 2015: Baccalaureate Day

Chess in the Square
On Campus

Chess in the Square

Multiple people play chess on the tables outside Au Bon Pain in Harvard Square on a warm Sunday evening.

Mother's Day
On Campus

Mother's Day

Multiple stores in Harvard Square, including Origins, participated in Mother’s Day, providing deals and discounts to customers.

Chess in the Square
On Campus

Photos of the Day (05/11/15)

After Hobby Lobby
On Campus

After Hobby Lobby

A panel consisting of E. J. Dionne Jr., Divinity School lecturer Diane L. Moore, Law School professor Charles Fried, and Frank Wolf discussed the role of religion in the American public sphere at the Law School Thursday. The pre-conference session was co-sponsored by the Petrie-Flom Center and the Ambassador John L. Loeb, Jr. Initiative on Religious Freedom and Its Implications at the Center for American Political Studies at Harvard University.

After Hobby Lobby
On Campus

Photos of the Day (05/08/2015)

Harvard UC Meeting
College

Harvard UC Meeting

At the Undergraduate Council’s general meeting on April 26, representatives discussed the Evaluation Task Force’s reports of its Student Faculty Committee, Freshman Class Committee, and calendar application, Ventfull.

World Malaria Day
College

World Malaria Day

Glowsticks lie on the ground in preparation for the world-record attempt for the longest chain of glowsticks.

Jessie J
College

Photos of the Weekend (4/26/15)

World Malaria Day
College

World Malaria Day

One of the founders of Students Against Malaria, Mohammed A. Toure ’16, and one of the event organizers, Kimberly S. Mihayo ’15, oversee the attempt to break the record for the longest chain of glowsticks. CORRECTION: An earlier version of this caption misidentified Kimberly S. Mihayo as Tiana J. Raphel.

Santa Lucía
Highlight

Trading Seasons: Spending Summer Break in a Chile Winter

Adulthood Is Relative
Highlight

Adulthood Is Relative

A Taste of Italy 2
Highlight

A Taste of Italy: On Milan, Siena, and Studying Abroad

Le Quatorze Juillet
Highlight

Le Quatorze Juillet