Bridget R Irvine

Student Life

Summer in Three Words

Year in Review - Divestment: Argentina Protest
Year in Review

Students advocating for responsible investment tactics protest on the steps of Widener Library.

In the Kitchen
On Campus

Today in Photos (5/12/2014)

In the Kitchen
College

In the Kitchen

Chef Donn Leonard of the Dunster and Mather House kitchens directs another chef in the Dunster kitchen.

College

Image

Chef Donn Leonard of the Dunster and Mather kitchens speaking about his work experience for Harvard University Dining Services.

HUDS

Chef Leonard Interview

A Treasured Account
Today in Photos

Today in Photos (04/14/14)

RESPONSIBLE INVESTMENT RALLY
On Campus

RESPONSIBLE INVESTMENT RALLY

Protesters gather on the steps of Widener Library for a rally against Harvard's timber plantations in Argentina. The group listened to speeches by Sandra Korn (one of the student leaders for the Responsible Investment at Harvard Coalition) and UC President Gus Mayopoulos before heading over to Massachusetts Hall to protest.

On Campus

Image

Sandra Korn '14, a leader for the Responsible Investment at Harvard Coalition, speaks to protesters gathered on the steps of Widener Library on Friday afternoon. The rally protested Harvard's management of its timber plantations in northern Argentina and ended in a protest in front of Massachusetts Hall.

Green Street
Food and Drink

Green Street

Green Street is located in Central Square.

The Thinking Hand
College

The Thinking Hand

The new exhibit in CGIS South, “The Thinking Hand: Tools and Traditions of the Japanese Carpenter” displays a variety of Japanese chisels. These pieces are just a few of the 62 tools on display in the new show, representing the base set of a traditional Japanese master carpenter, called a daiku.

State of the Union
On Campus

Today in Photos (01/29/14)

What The Hell
Music

This Week in Arts

Land vs. Landscape
Arts

Land vs. Landscape

Bas Smets, the Principal of Bureau Bas Smets in Brussels in Belgium, gestures while explaining the contours of rivers in Europe. His lecture, entitled "Land vs. Landscape," in Gund Hall on April 18, explained his general approach to his work: interacting with preexisting land to create unique landscapes.

Sororities

Image

Sorority rushers celebrate after opening their envelopes in the Sheraton Commander Hotel's Mount Vernon room this Tuesday evening (2-12).

Echelman string sculpture
Visual Arts

Painting the Town: Boston's Big Art

Boxes
Columns

ISIL is Not the End of the World

Difficulty Defining
Columns

The Difficulty of Defining Difficulty

Reshuffling the Caseload
College

Unloading the Ad Board