Contributing writer

Bridget R Irvine

Latest Content

Town Hall HUHS Meeting
College

Town Hall HUHS Meeting

Dr. Paul Barreira, Director of Harvard University Health Services, provides a brief overview of HUHS's intention to alter overnight services at last night's town hall, organized by the UC and Harvard HealthPals. The panel, adjucated by UC VP Sieste Goffard, had HUHS representatives present to field questions and concerns from students. A second panel will be held on Wednesday in Emerson 210.

Town Hall HUHS Meeting
College

Town Hall HUHS Meeting

Dr. Paul Barreira, director of Harvard University Health Services, provides a brief overview of HUHS's intention to alter overnight services at last night's town hall, organized by the UC and Harvard HealthPals.

wallace-roney
On Campus

Artist Spotlight: Wallace Roney

The Crimson sits down with Wallace Roney, the only trumpet player that music legend Miles Davis ever personally mentored.

On Campus

'Bat Boy' Promises New Surprises

We’re not talking baseball here. “Bat Boy: The Musical” is the wild story of a hero—half-bat, half-boy—who wishes to be accepted by his family and community. But it’s not easy being a mutant. The fast-paced musical poses questions about acceptance and love while walking the fine line between camp and drama.

Nightcrawler
Film

Dark Intensity in 'Nightcrawler'

Dan Gilroy's directorial debut "Nightcrawler" stars Jake Gyllenhaal as Lou, a borderline sociopathic amateur videographer who embarks on a career of filming graphic crime footage for the evening news.

On Campus

'Pericles, Prince of Tyre' Brings the Circus to Town

While it may come as a surprise, Shakespeare only wrote of part of “Pericles, Prince of Tyre.” The other half is most likely penned by another writer, George Wilkins. In the Harvard-Radcliffe Dramatic Club’s latest incarnation of this romance, “Pericles” will add even more collaborators as a cast and crew of Harvard students bring their own ideas to the table.

The Games People Play
Food and Drink

Niche Stores in the Square

foxygen-cover
Music

Foxygen Adds to Sonic Palette on ‘Star Power’

“…And Star Power” is a continuation of Foxygen’s method: artfully constructed songs that aim to both remind people of an earlier time yet also challenge the genre through experimentation.

Eleanor Rigby
Film

Narratives Converge in 'Eleanor Rigby'

"The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby" is a unique and artistically minded exploration of grief, loss, and personal growth that acknowledges the variant versions of what might seem to be a single narrative.

Cambridge

Image

The entrance to Follow the Honey, located a few yards farther down Massachusetts Avenue from Zinneken's, is a set of steps leading down to a hidden doorway.

Cambridge

Image

The Nectar Deck, located out back behind the store, offers customers a gathering place to relax or observe the bees in Follow the Honey's own living hive.

Cambridge

Image

The interior of Follow the Honey, located below street level, is at once homey and exhilarating, filled with hundreds of products ranging from honey on tap to hand cream.

Cambridge

Image

The interior of The Games People Play, filled with a variety of games and toys.

Cambridge

Image

Cambridge

Image

STANTING TALL
Football

Harvard-Yale 2014

Playing with the Rules
Scrutiny

Playing With The Rules

Highlight

Title IX Complaints in Higher Education

Art Museum Feature
Visual Arts

Newly Opened, Art Museums Prepare To Engage Undergrads