Bridget R Irvine

A Treasured Account
Today in Photos

Today in Photos (04/14/14)

RESPONSIBLE INVESTMENT RALLY
On Campus

RESPONSIBLE INVESTMENT RALLY

Protesters gather on the steps of Widener Library for a rally against Harvard's timber plantations in Argentina. The group listened to speeches by Sandra Korn (one of the student leaders for the Responsible Investment at Harvard Coalition) and UC President Gus Mayopoulos before heading over to Massachusetts Hall to protest.

On Campus

Image

Sandra Korn '14, a leader for the Responsible Investment at Harvard Coalition, speaks to protesters gathered on the steps of Widener Library on Friday afternoon. The rally protested Harvard's management of its timber plantations in northern Argentina and ended in a protest in front of Massachusetts Hall.

Green Street
Food and Drink

Green Street

Green Street is located in Central Square.

The Thinking Hand
College

The Thinking Hand

The new exhibit in CGIS South, “The Thinking Hand: Tools and Traditions of the Japanese Carpenter” displays a variety of Japanese chisels. These pieces are just a few of the 62 tools on display in the new show, representing the base set of a traditional Japanese master carpenter, called a daiku.

State of the Union
On Campus

Today in Photos (01/29/14)

What The Hell
Music

This Week in Arts

Land vs. Landscape
Arts

Land vs. Landscape

Bas Smets, the Principal of Bureau Bas Smets in Brussels in Belgium, gestures while explaining the contours of rivers in Europe. His lecture, entitled "Land vs. Landscape," in Gund Hall on April 18, explained his general approach to his work: interacting with preexisting land to create unique landscapes.

Sororities

Image

Sorority rushers celebrate after opening their envelopes in the Sheraton Commander Hotel's Mount Vernon room this Tuesday evening (2-12).

Here's Looking at You, Brattle
Women's Ice Hockey

Today in Photos (2/13/2013)

On Campus

Image

Speakers at the Presidents' Round Table discuss the aims of their universities and how to transform the future (Nov 29). From left to right: Merilee Grindle (Chair; director of DRCLAS), Andrés Benítez (Rector, Universidad Adolfo Ibañez), Carlos Peña (Rector, Universidad Diego Portales), Ignacio Sánchez (Rector, Universidad Católica de Chile), Jaime Arancibia (Academic Vice Rector, Universidad de los Andes), and Mauricio Escudey (Vice Rector of Research and Development, Universidad de Santiago de Chile).

The Art of Sound
Books

Today in Photos (11/30/12)

Skiing

Visually Impaired Skier Caitlin Sarubbi Prepares For 2014 Paralympics

Science

Image

Shirley M. Tilghman, President of Princeton University, speaks at a Science Education Lecture titled "Inverting the Pyramid" this Tuesday (11/13) at the Science Center.

Religion

Image

Three of the panelists at the Sex Week Event "Faith, Sex, & Love: Bring It On!" in the Phillips Brooks House Parlor (10/24). A diverse mixture of Harvard chaplains and students met to discuss love and sex, and learn about other points of view. After the brief panel, students divided into small groups to discuss questions regarding ethics, faith, common sense, upbringing, and other related topics.

House Art Cover Wallpaper
Visual Arts

Art House

Youth Homelessness in the Square
Harvard Square

For Homeless Youth, Age Can Compound Challenges of Life on the Streets

On Year Later: Boston Marathon Bombings
Boston Marathon

VIDEO: Looking Back One Year Later, Harvard Affiliates Prepare to Return to Finish Line

Johnston Gate Arts Cover
Arts

Rebuilding the Past: Harvard's Beautification Renaissance