Crimson staff writer

Bridget R Irvine

Latest Content

Steering Committee Discusses FOP's Future
College

On Dec. 1, members of the Steering Committee held a meeting for all students interested in leading FOP next semester. From left to right: Jacob C. Barton ’17, Elizabeth A. Huber ’17, William H. Bloxham ’17, Layla Joudeh ’17, Cameron C. Clarke ’17, Charlie A. Gibson ’18.

Steering Committee Discusses FOP's Future and Diversity
College

The members of FOP’s Steering Committee, directed by Paul R. “Coz” Teplitz ’03-’09 (far left, back).

Director of FOP Discusses Diversity
College

Director of FOP Discusses Diversity

First-Year Outdoor Program Director Paul R. “Coz” Teplitz ’03-’09.

Arts

One Year Later

In the aftermath of six years of renovations, the Harvard Art Museums seek to connect with the student body.

Community Dinner Goes POP!
College

Photos of the Day (10/15/2015)

Community Dinner Goes POP!
College

Community Dinner Goes POP!

Mather House Sous Chef Alex Drumm serves his Pork and Beef Thai Meatballs with a Mint Slaw as part of Thursday’s Community Dinner. HUDS partnered with the Harvard Art Museums to have house chefs design a themed entrée corresponding with the current special exhibition: Corita Kent and the Language of Pop. The event drew its inspiration from Kent’s 1960s-era pop art prints, now on exhibit in the Harvard Art Museums.

Community Dinner Goes POP!
College

Community Dinner Goes POP!

The HUDS chefs' meatball creations are connected with a print by Corita Kent titled "song about the greatness," a pop art piece based on a Del Monte tomato sauce slogan: “makes meatballs sing.” Kent's works, which frequently allude to pop culture advertising, will be featured at the upcoming student celebration, The Harvard Art Museums Go POP!, on October 29.

On Campus

​“The Son Also Rises” Shines Light Close to Home

In the ongoing back-and-forth over millennial identity, head-shaking and naysaying are common and consensus is rare; “The Son Also Rises,” which runs Oct. 8-11 in the Adams Pool theater, aims to add its voice to that debate.

"Stephen King and Lee Child."
Books

"Stephen King and Lee Child."

Students Crowd Humanities 10a Lecture
On Campus

Photos of the Day (09-04-2015)

Cabot's Candy
Harvard in the City

Cabot's Candy

Cabot's Candy, a Provincetown, Mass., based company specializing in saltwater taffy and fudge, is open for business inside the Zinnia Jewelry location on Massachusetts Avenue. It’s one of several new businesses that came to the Square this summer.

Liquiteria
Harvard in the City

Liquiteria

Liquiteria, a new juice bar at the corner of Massachusetts Avenue and Church Street, opened this summer and serves smoothies, juice, and healthy snack options.

beyonce-promo
Music

Hear Me Out: Beyoncé, '7/11'

With the Platinum Edition reissue of the 2013 bombshell “Beyoncé,” Queen Bey has released a new single that is simultaneously disarming and calculated.

Town Hall HUHS Meeting
College

Town Hall HUHS Meeting

Dr. Paul Barreira, Director of Harvard University Health Services, provides a brief overview of HUHS's intention to alter overnight services at last night's town hall, organized by the UC and Harvard HealthPals. The panel, adjucated by UC VP Sieste Goffard, had HUHS representatives present to field questions and concerns from students. A second panel will be held on Wednesday in Emerson 210.

Town Hall HUHS Meeting
College

Town Hall HUHS Meeting

Dr. Paul Barreira, director of Harvard University Health Services, provides a brief overview of HUHS's intention to alter overnight services at last night's town hall, organized by the UC and Harvard HealthPals.

Special Teams
Football

In Photos: The Game

Crimson-UC Crossfire Debate
College

The Back of the UC Ballot

Helicopter over Harvard
Crime

In Photos: Bomb Threat Shakes the Yard

College

A.D. Club ‘Strongly’ Opposes Membership Changes