#1 for Cambridge City Council

Frank Duehay has shown a remarkable ability to make the Cambridge political scene work on behalf of all Cambridge citizens.

Frank Duehay has shown a remarkable ability to make the Cambridge political scene work on behalf of all Cambridge citizens. He is a unique combination of town and gown who commands confidence from all sectors of the Cambridge community.

As Mayor and Chairman of the Cambridge City Council and School Committee, Frank Duehay:

* led the civic fight to defeat Proposition 2 1/2 in Cambridge by an overwhelming margin

* appointed a citizens' committee to find constructive ways to ease the first year's impacts of 2 1/2

* helped the Cambridge schools to desegregate peacefully

* stimulated new economic development projects by breaking political and bureaucratic log jams

* worked with citizen groups to preserve neighborhood stability through zoning, historic preservation, new open space, and tough enforcement of ordinances

* served as Vice-Chairman of the National League of Cities Committee on Energy, Environment, and Natural Resources, and was selected by the U.S. Conference of Mayors to study energy problems in European cities in May, 1981

Why should you vote #1 to reelect Frank Duehay to the Cambridge City Council?

* most experienced of the CCA progressive candidates for City Council (1 term as Mayor, 5 terms on City Council, 4 terms on School Committee)

* holds bachelor's, master's and doctor's degrees from Harvard University

* former Harvard dean and former Executive Director of the Lincoln Filene Center for Citizenship and Public Affairs, Tufts University

* current Associate of Dunster House

* grew up in Cambridge and attended Cambridge Public Schools

Frank is endorsed by: Cambridge Civic Association (CCA)

Cambridge Tenants Convention Citizens for participation in Political Action(CPPAX)

Massachusetts Women's Political Caucus Political Action Committee Gay Political Caucus