Fifteen Minutes: Guys Who Blow Dry

They're out there. The guys who get up 10 minutes earlier, who always seem a little more together, who know
By K. B. Greer

They're out there. The guys who get up 10 minutes earlier, who always seem a little more together, who know they look sharp when they're hitting the town on a Friday night--they might even live right next door. So who are these mystery men? The elite, the few, the proud: the guys at Harvard who blow-dry their hair. They may not admit to it, even when pressed, but these hair-care-oriented men walk among Harvard's unkempt rabble every day. Pete Steciuk `03 is one example of these rare gems at Harvard. A regular hair fanatic, Steciuk changes or adds to his color about once a month, just to spice up his life. On the subject of blow drying, Steciuk admits that "ever since [he] was a little kid [he'd seen his] mother do it [and] thought maybe someday [he] could be good too." Not a regular blow drier, Steciuk saves in-depth styling for Friday nights, when he has more time. Eddie Huang `03, on the other hand, blow-dries every day. Vanity? Dedication? None of these, claims Eddie--just habit. Huang blow-dries every night after showering to avoid those embarrassing cowlicks that plague so many. So the next time you're walking down the street or sitting next to some suave young man in lecture and happen to notice that he has great hair, don't be fooled. It's not just Finesse.

--K. B. Greer