ACTIVITY ACTIVITY: Alternative Drinking Games

The Game has not yet begun, but Yale has already beat Harvard—at banning all drinking paraphernalia at the tailgate! Worried
By R. DREW Davis

The Game has not yet begun, but Yale has already beat Harvard—at banning all drinking paraphernalia at the tailgate! Worried you won’t be able to get blackout? Don’t fret: here are some drinking games that won’t get you busted, but will likely get you blasted.

BEER HUNTER

Get a six pack, take one of the beers, and shake it up as hard as you can. Then mix the six beers around so nobody knows which was shaken and put the beers in a circle. Each person picks a beer, places the can on their head, and opens it. If it doesn’t go everywhere, chug the beer. Otherwise, find a towel/friend’s head.

BUFFALO

Everyone drinks with her non-dominant hand. When you see someone drinking with the other hand, start screaming “Buffalo!” and clapping until everyone joins in the chant. The person who got caught using the wrong hand has to down-in-one their beer before the others can stop shouting.

FUN WITH RANDOM OBJECTS

There are two Facebook groups dedicated to drinking out of unconventional containers, “The Duck” and “Cone Funnel.” These group members either fill a plastic duck with beer and drink out of the duck’s bill or use a traffic cone as a makeshift beer bong. At The Game, a plastic megaphone will make a good replacement. After you’re tanked, you’re conveniently ready to cheer—as long as it’s before half-time.