Get started bright and early Saturday morning with Tommy Doyle’s boozin’ bus.

Getting There is Half the Battle

The trip to see Yale fail miserably is full of untapped possibilities: the six hour round trip that could be
By Jack G. Clayton

The trip to see Yale fail miserably is full of untapped possibilities: the six hour round trip that could be the height of your weekend revelry or the depths of your sober despair. With that in mind FM prepared a list of ways for the motivated student to enjoy the commute.

UC-promoted Harvard Shuttle...

The standard in The Game transport tradition, the shuttles promise “on-board movies and snacks” that will make you “almost forget you’re going to New Haven.”

FM’s prediction: Unless you plan on smuggling epic amounts of booze aboard, be prepared for a flash-back to your high school museum trip.

Going with the group...

Many of Harvard’s student groups are running their own buses to the game, all claiming to have their own traditions and quirks.

FM’s prediction: The drunken hook-up with one or more of your groupmates won’t end well.

Public Transportation...

Be it trains or buses, traveling with a few friends and flask to the game is always a classic.

FM’s prediction: As long as you only attract the laughs of bystanders and not the gaze of Johnny-law with your debauchery, it should be a good time.

Tommy D’s...

Tommy Doyle’s is running a booze bus to the game that it bills as “all inclusive.” Sexual implications aside, for the price of $50 (only $10 more than the round trip Harvard shuttle) you get a continental breakfast before departure, beer and snacks on the bus, a tailgate at the game, and an after party at Tommy’s on Saturday (if you still have a liver by then).

FM’s prediction: Do it.

The Kindness of Strangers...

Hitch hiking.

FM’s prediction: Don’t do it.