Drinking Game: Reading Week and Finals Edition

Reading period is a great time to do in a week what you should have been doing all semester. Whether you need to catch up on reading or drinking, FM created a game that suits both.
By Kiara F. Z. Barrow and Sally H. Na

Reading period is a great time to do in a week what you should have been doing all semester. Whether you need to catch up on reading or drinking, FM created a game that suits both. Here are the rules:

1. For every lecture you missed, dump a shot into your venti caramel frappucino while you watch it online.

2.  Take a shot for every other reading you didn’t do this semester. This could escalate quickly.

3. Every time a friend comletes his semester before you do, toast him with champagne and then down the rest of the bottle out of self-pity.

4. For every question you get right on a practice exam, open your most expensive bottle (or box) of wine and feel good about yourself while contemplating the luxury you’ll bask in once you land that cushy i-banking job, you smart cookie, you.

5. Every time that kid you secretly hate in your Ec study group corrects you, slip a shot of vodka into his/her eco-friendly nalgene and then challenge him/her to a hydration game.

6. Each day, take the number of hours you spent in the library and compare that to your friends. Drink proportionally. If that’s too much math, just estimate. When you start getting delirious later, wonder whether you’re feeling the buzz or are just dazed from reading an entire textbook in one night.

7. For every shower you miss while in the library, pour a shot of Captain Morgan directly onto your skin—this way you won’t have to taste it and maybe it’ll have a deep cleansing effect. Alcohol’s hygienic, right?

8. Each time you read a BuzzFeed article instead of studying, mix yourself one of their “13 Cozy Cocktails To Warm You Up”, cuddle with your pillows, and avoid all responsibilities.

9.  Down a skinny margarita in preparation for Primal Scream. This counts as dieting after a week of stress eating.

10. Every time you look over at the productive person next to you in Lamont, accomplish something youself by taking a shot of Rubinoff.

11. Every time you contemplate changing careers and question your ability to get into grad school, make yourself a margarita, put on some party music, and nostalgically remember those days when you considered opting out of college. How soon is Spring Break?

12. Drink an imported lager every time you make a cross-cultural comparisonin a research paper. Then switch to your favorite American-made beer and consider switching concentrations. Isn’t Gov supposed to be really easy?

13. Every time Netflix automatically starts playing a new episode of the show you’re binge-watching, match your drink’s alcohol content percentage to the percentage that your final exam counts for your grade.

CollegeFood and DrinkLevityA Little Levity