How to Celebrate Galentine’s Day Around Harvard

By Grace Sun

Don’t have a boo? Still haven’t asked out your newest section crush? Ever since winter break, it seems like everyone is getting cuffed just in time for Valentine’s Day. If you’re stressed about making plans for the evening, look no further than your equally single friends for a fun night! It may be tempting to glare at annoyingly cute couples in the Yard, but first try these ideas for the perfect platonic day.

Go out for Brunch

Sadly, it isn’t Sunday everyday, so HUDS’s iconic Sunday brunch is out of the question. Dress up with your friends and head to an aesthetic cafe like L.A. Burdick’s or Pamplona to take cute pictures and enjoy some pastries and coffee to get you through the day. Alternatively, make some homemade mimosas (virgin, of course) and bring some in a bottle to the Berg. Whatever works.

Spa Day

Treat yo’ self to some self-care, because hey, if you can find self-love, romantic love is right around the corner. Bundle up in some fluffy robes with your friends and light some scented candles to set the atmosphere (but don’t tell Yard Ops). If you’re looking for the perfect sappy rom-com, check out “To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before” or “Set It Up” for an evening of laughs. Fruity face masks and wine (21-plus to drink!) perfectly complement each other, and can also guarantee a fun and wholesome night with your friends.

Chopped

While couples are dining on fine Valentine’s Day entrees, unleash your inner Gordon Ramsay and spend the night watching “Chopped” with your friends. Buy a mix of stock ingredients and crazy ingredients and compete to see who can best incorporate the wildest foods in their entree dishes. Flyby challenges you to use Boom Chicka Pop Kettle Corn, Sour Cream and Onion Pringles, Cheerios, and Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups (some of our personal favorites). Time starts now!

Explore the City

Do what you’ve been planning since freshman year and take the T into Boston. Get into the romantic spirit by attending a drag event at the Museum of Science. Afterwards, eat your way through Boston’s iconic North End, stuffing yourself with delicious pasta and cannolis from the authentic Italian restaurants. Maybe even check out Seaport’s Winter Village, a snowy extravaganza complete with freshly baked waffles and a skating rink ($5 per person).

If you have a good squad of friends, it turns out you don’t need a romantic partner to have fun on Valentine’s Day. That being said, if you’re still aching for a significant other, Tinder is always an option — just don’t go on any dates with your TF.

Flyby BlogFlyby CampusFlyby FrontHow to Harvard

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.