Chika-Dike O Nwokike

Year in Photos

Year in Photos - Sports

Women's Water Polo

Image

Sophomore goalie Ariel Dukes posted 246 saves as the women’s water polo team finished 18-16. Last year, Dukes only tallied 193 stops.

Women's Water Polo

Image

Junior attacker Shayna Price provided offensive intensity to the team, finishing second in goals behind her sister, Aisha.

Women's Crew

Image

Although the season is not yet over, the Radcliffe lightweight team has already made history. The team’s victory at the Head of the Charles was the squad’s first ever win in the event.

Two for the Price of One
College

Today in Photos (05/01/2013)

Two for the Price of One
Women's Soccer

Two for the Price of One

Senior Aisha Price started in 14 women’s soccer games, tallying seven points, last fall before co-captaining the women’s water polo team in the winter and spring. She credits her coaches and Harvard’s Ivy League affiliation for allowing her to compete in two sports.

Good Charlotte
Women's Water Polo

Good Charlotte

Freshman attacker Charlotte Hendrix, shown here in previous action, scored six goals at the CWPA Eastern Championships in Ann Arbor, Mich., over the weekend. The rookie finishes the season third on the team with 65 goals, behind sisters captain Aisha and junior Shayna Price.

Ed School

Image

Broadcast journalist John Merrow speaks alongside children's rights ativist Marian Wright Edelman (left), Executive Director of the Connecticut Commission on Children Elaine Zimmerman (second from right), and HGSE Dean Kathleen McCartney at the AskWith Forum in Longfellow Hall on Wednesday. The panel discussed school violence prevention strategies in the wake of the December shooting at a Newtown, CT elementary school.

Men's Basketball

Today in Photos (3/14/2013)

On Campus

Image

On Wednesday, Richard Blanco, the inauguaral poet for President Barack Obama’s second term, spoke to an audience at the Winthrop House Junior Common Room about his writing and his evolving cultural identity as a member of the Cuban-American community.

Princess Ariel
Women's Water Polo

Princess Ariel

In losses to top-ten powers California and Princeton, sophomore goalie Ariel Dukes only tallied five and seven saves, respectively. A day later, Dukes was sharper, making eight stops as her women’s water polo team topped the New York Athletic Club, and then accruing 10 saves in a victory over Villanova.

Women's Water Polo

Image

In the Harvard women's water polo team's matchup against the New York Athletic Club, freshman Yoshi Andersen tallied three goals in a 20-9 win. On the weekend, the team went 2-2, with its two losses coming to top-ten teams.

Duchess Of The Net
Women's Water Polo

Duchess Of The Net

Sophomore goalkeeper Ariel Dukes rises up for one of her nine saves against Villanova in this weekend’s Harvard Home Kickoff. Dukes recorded 26 saves over the weekend in three Harvard victories. The Crimson takes to the road for the remainder of the season before Senior Day on April 3.

Music

Today in Photos (1/28/2013)

Alumni

Image

Theresa Ellis, Gleitsman Visiting Practitioner at Harvard Kennedy School and founder of Common Impact, speaks of the key flaws in public service projects at the "Alumni Think Big" event. The talk, part of the "Public Interested?" conference, took place Saturday evening in the Science Center.

Youth Homelessness in the Square
Harvard Square

For Homeless Youth, Age Can Compound Challenges of Life on the Streets

On Year Later: Boston Marathon Bombings
Boston Marathon

VIDEO: Looking Back One Year Later, Harvard Affiliates Prepare to Return to Finish Line

Johnston Gate Arts Cover
Arts

Rebuilding the Past: Harvard's Beautification Renaissance

Awkward Eye Contact
Columns

Let’s Talk about Campus-Eye-Contact-Culture