15

1. Reread the Gettysburg Address. Pondered its wise words, which speak to us still. Then, saw Crossroads. 2. Slept in.

1. Reread the Gettysburg Address. Pondered its wise words, which speak to us still. Then, saw Crossroads.

2. Slept in.

3. Fired a musket at British kid who lives upstairs.

4. Published unsubstantiated allegation that new Lampoon President Ben F. Dougan ’03 is impotent.

5. Published well-documented allegation that new Lampoon President Ben F. Dougan ’03 is ugly.

6. Continued campaign of dumb stunts designed to annoy Harvard President Larry Summers into letting my student-led labor activist group decide how to spend Harvard’s budget. Today: Stand outside his house while he’s in Europe. Tomorrow: Panty raid on Loeb House!

7. Attended a mandatory hour-and-a-half section for Science B-29, “Evolution of Human Nature.” This was the worst so-called “holiday” ever.

8. Huh? [Chews, spits, continues feeding hogs.] Prezza-who-what?

9. Sang “La Marseillaise.” Oui, je suis français. Pour quoi?

10. Took a dump in a washing machine in Clav.

11. Gave a “presidential” banging to campus doorknob Vicky C. Hallett ’02. Everyone’s had a turn, get it?

12. Woke up at 8:40 a.m. Was running a little late, so I sprinted to the Science Center, which I noticed was unusually empty. Opened the door to lecture hall C. Empty. Fuck! Fuck President’s Day! Ran to Annenberg and dramatically toppled statue of John Adams in revolutionary, fall-of-the-Berlin Wall style.

13. Ordered a tomato-basil slice at Noch’s in lieu of my usual mushroom. Just as Madison did, lo those many years ago...

14. Drank only beers named after presidents: Busch, Sam Adams, etc.

15. What? Sam Adams was never president? I guess next you’ll tell me that I can’t honor Justice Thurgood J. Icehouse on Supreme Court Day.

For The Moment