AS FOLLOWS...

From: [FSU class of ’97] To: [Peter Hopkins] Subject: [Joe College, Where Art Thou?] As a 1997 graduate of Florida
By The CRIMSON Staff

From: [FSU class of ’97]

To: [Peter Hopkins]

Subject: [Joe College, Where Art Thou?]

As a 1997 graduate of Florida State, I quite enjoyed this article. The article brought back many memories (including the bonfires), although I don’t recall Tuesdays being so special, then again, there’s a lot I don’t recall. Thank you for the exhaustive research, I know it must have been draining.

From: [Anonymous and Angry]

To: [Peter Hopkins]

Subject: [Fighting Words]

How dare you take a pot shot at FSU. I can’t figure ot [sic] weather [sic] you are a nerd or a socialite. If anything I would say a guy with zero game. Being of crimson bloodline one would think you would go to more than just any smoke-filled pour house. Hence, you stuffed shirt fag boys don’t know what a real party is like, just as the river Charles is as clean as your meaningful college career as a go getter across the great 50. To those whom have not seen you I am one who believes that you play a brass instrument and belittle bullies Florida State would not have your delicate ass any how! This come [sic] from a guy who went to Phillips Exeter and probably sank your fat mom, if not your dike-ass sister!!! Variety is the spice of life not a $200 plane ticket and a couple of dollars drinking money ASSHOLE!!!!

From: [FSU class of ’98]

To: [Peter Hopkins]

Subject: [ Joe College, Where Art Thou?]

Good Job Peter. College is just as much a social experience as an academic—both schools to the extreme! While we learn how to master human communication you guys master the mind (both equally integral in the furthering of mankind).

From: [FSU class of ’00]

To: [Peter Hopkins]

Subject: [that was awesome...]

That was a great piece of work Peter. I graduated FSU in Dec 2000. We really did party 6 days a week, but ya should have had more keg’s in the story. Kegs, kegs and more kegs.

From: [FSU class of ’99 and former Publix employee]

To: [Peter Hopkins]

Subject: [Re: Joe College, Where Art Thou?]

You have hit to bullseye! How right you are about your observations, I am only upset that you mention some of my old favorite hang outs: Bullwinkles (Buttwrinkles), Poor Man’s Poor House (The after party), Ken’s (The country bar), just to name a few. Next time your planning a trip to Tally, touch base with me or one of my girlfriends from class of ‘99. We’ll show you what you missed.

*As Follows is 100 percent genuine e-mail. Send submissions to fm@thecrimson.com.

For The Moment