Jason Peeples
Jason Peeples

The Quad: Cabot, Currier, PfoHo

CABOT Richard A. Johnson Resident Tutor FM: If you could say one thing to freshmen as they get psyched for Housing Day, or more specifically...
By Kylie S. Gleason

CABOT

Richard A. Johnson

Resident Tutor

FM: If you could say one thing to freshmen as they get psyched for Housing Day, or more specifically, as they get excited to be put into a River House and fear the Quad, what would it be?

RAJ: Once I actually heard a student in the Cabot dining hall refer to the difficulty of having a long-distance relationship and of course I assumed the student was talking about having a girlfriend at Yale or at, I don’t know, NYU or something, but he was actually talking about having a girlfriend, I don’t know, in Dunster. But I’d say, it’s really not that far and that Cabot House is just a really special place. The sophomore and the junior classes that are going to be leading Cabot next year have a lot of energy. They’re working really hard.

CURRIER

Kurt J. Gray

Resident Tutor

FM: What, in your opinion, is the worst part of living in the Quad, if there is one?

KJG: Yeah, I don’t really feel like, especially from my perspective, there is a bad part of being in the Quad. There’s less drunken final club students and maybe if you, like, really hang out with wasted kids from final clubs then that might be a downfall.

PFOHO

Jason Peoples

Assistant to the Resident Dean

FM: What is your favorite part of the PfoHo community?

JP: When new groups of people get to PfoHo [on Housing Day] and see the level of creativity and excitement, it’s instantaneous almost. You have this new person who’s going to be an active member. For many people, that lasts past Housing Day and carries through the year. Housing Day is just a kick-start.

House Life