Las Palmas: Not My Dominican Kitchen

As a Dominican student at Harvard, I am disappointed that Las Palmas does not seem willing to run the risk of offering authentic food that would perhaps be rejected by many on Harvard’s campus on account of being too foreign, although I am not particularly surprised.

Happy Bingo-giving!

Given that dear old John was a pilgrim himself, I think he would want Harvard to give us more than three days to celebrate Thanksgiving (#rollcrim!). With finals looming ahead, you have no idea what to do with this sweet but small amount of time. You ask yourself: what are other students doing? Who’s taking this much needed break as well, a break, and who’s finally catching up on five weeks of unwatched CS50 and Ec10 lectures?

What Kind of ‘Red (Taylor’s Version)’ Listener Are You?

The release of “Red (Taylor’s Version)” has rocked Swifties’ worlds like no other. Fans everywhere have been listening to the album on repeat (taking breaks only to watch her short film and SNL features and maybe eat). But not all Swifties are created equal. If you’re still reeling from “All Too Well: The Short Film” and need a distraction, take this quiz to find out what kind of “Red (Taylor’s Version)” listener you are!

UC Doubles Wintersession Grants and Funds ‘Crimson Takes Cambridge’ Program

The Undergraduate Council passed legislation to expand the Wintersession program and to fund a new program that will allow students to explore local restaurants at a discounted rate during its Sunday meeting.

Khurana Urges Student Vigilance Following Local Crimes, Ahead of Covid-Era Holiday Travel

Dean of the College Rakesh Khurana urged undergraduates in a Friday interview to remain vigilant after a recent spate of local crimes and as many students prepare to travel for Thanksgiving amid the pandemic.

Classroom to Table Returns With Coffee Break Edition

Classroom to Table, the popular College program that brings faculty and students together to share food and company, is back for the first time since the pandemic’s onset — albeit through a modified format.

Opinion

Four Harvard Seniors Awarded American Rhodes Scholarship

Four Harvard seniors were awarded the American Rhodes Scholarship to pursue postgraduate studies at the University of Oxford in fields ranging from mathematical theoretical physics to public policy.

Say Hello to Proper Goodbyes

To quote President Bacow, the ceremony signals the end of an “extraordinarily trying time” that put so much togetherness on hold. The students the ceremony will celebrate know this better than anyone. Our peers from the Classes of ’20 and ’21 saw their college careers end on a random Tuesday in March, and were whisked off to the rest of their lives before in-person classes resumed, dining halls reopened, and campus returned to its standard density.

Opinion

Say Hello to Proper Goodbyes

Sponsored

Year in Review

Year in Sports

Recently-Elected Cambridge City Councilors Discuss Priorities

Ahead of their inauguration in January 2022, recently-elected Cambridge City Council members said in interviews that their priorities include addressing climate change and tackling inequity in the city.

HMS Affiliates Develop Global Covid-19 Clinical Education Video Series

Faculty at Harvard Medical School developed an online, evidence-based video series to provide clinical guidelines for health care providers around the world and combat misinformation surrounding the Covid-19 pandemic.

Students Celebrate Upcoming Harvard-Yale Game at CEB Spirit Week

In anticipation of the 137th Harvard-Yale football game this upcoming Saturday, the College Events Board hosted a week of spirit events featuring plate smashing, Yale-bashing stand-up comedy, and musical performances.

A Revolution of Rest

To begin eroding the spirit’s control, we students must begin by choosing not to work, at times. If you’ve made it here, you have the work ethic and study habits necessary to succeed and find some rest in-between, even if that means you don’t end up valedictorian. Just do you. And rest too.

Year in FM

Researchers, Bioethicists Discuss the Future of Psychedelic Therapy in Petrie-Flom Webinar

Experts in the fields of psychedelics, health care, and bioethics gathered virtually to discuss the ethical implications of psychedelic-assisted therapy in a webinar held by Harvard Law School’s Petrie-Flom Center on Thursday.

Radcliffe Fellows Praise In-Person Program

As the first semester back on campus comes to a close, fellows at the Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study said they were grateful for an  in-person experience after the previous year's fellowship operated remotely.

‘It’s a Limbo’: Grad Students, Frustrated by Harvard’s Response to Bullying Complaint, Petition for Reform

Emmeline and other graduate students familiar with her circumstances say her case is representative of many graduate students’ attempts to seek recourse for bullying, harassment, discrimination, and worse through the University’s internal channels.

The University of Austin Champions Grifting Over Free Speech

Free speech is a cornerstone of liberal education, democracy, and civil society. It is a deeply held value we cherish as a journalistic institution. It is not, however, a cheap marketing ploy to be hollowly used to court support and controversy. Should an institution genuinely committed to promoting free speech appear in the future, we would welcome it with open arms. But the circus forming in Austin leaves us holding our breath.

Senior Section

'Twas The Day Before The Game

Together, Texas and Harvard football exemplify the two extremes of social change. Change requires a marriage of the two, for just listening to a person and refusing to act leads to stagnation, but just attacking a system without the grounding direction of those who are affected leads to performative activism.

Community Groups Promote Vaccine Awareness Among Cambridge Residents of Color

Cambridge has reported vaccination rates for residents of color that defy national trends: as of Nov. 18, 74 percent of Black residents and 59 percent of Latinx residents are fully vaccinated, while only 33 percent of Black people and 36 percent of Latinx people are fully vaccinated nationwide.

Opinion

Say Hello to Proper Goodbyes